Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Handgrip for DSLR/P&S
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:36 am 
I was looking for the AH-4 Nikon handgrip for my D300 as I did not want to carry my camera on a strap all the time. After looking around quite extensively on the web, I settled on this product, which is available for a variety of cameras: http://www.camdapter.com/products.html . To me, it seems better than the usual fare one can find on ebay. The leather is thicker, available in a variety of colors, and the backplate is I think of a better design than the norm. for instance, it allows you access to the battery, whereas I'm not so sure the others do due to a bigger backplate (attaches to the camera's tripod mount).

I'll post some feedback after I receive it.

A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:47 pm 

I've been thinking about making one of those my self, and really, it would be simple. The only part I was stuck on (haven't made it yet but solved the problem) was the bottom, I figured why not put a 1/4" screw in the fabric with a fastener, so you could mount it right in the tripod mount, but the hand strap from camdapter has a good solution too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:56 pm 
This may sound stupid but are you meant to have the camera on your hand the whole time you're bringing it around? Or is it meant to be used in combination with a neck strap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:55 pm 
I guess it depends on what kind of conditions you are in.
Are you far away from your home/hotel, is it raining/snowing/windy or maybe in rough terrain?
I usually always have my strap and camera bag with me.