Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:42 pm 

Looking good, particularly if you're into outdoor sports (e.g. cycling, mountain biking, trail running, etc) :). I might pick up an orange Photo Sport 200 AW in the future...

Lowepro's 'dedicated page' about the Photo Sport AW series

The press release.

Edit: today I coincidentally found a series of photographs showcasing the size, what you can put in there, etc rather nicely, so I thought I'd share the link.

This series consists of a sling bag (the Photo Sport Sling 100 AW) and a backpack (the Photo Sport 200 AW), the latter featuring a dedicated hydration pocket. Both have Lowepro's All-Weather Cover.

Image copyright: B&H Photo/Lowepro.

The backpack has a padded waist belt and padded shoulder straps. Both are very light (100 AW: 1.7 lbs/0.8 kilogram; 200 AW: 2.9 lbs/1.3 kilogram) and come in orange/light grey and black/light grey. The lid on top features another small space - a nice space for a snack or so. The waist belt has small, zippered pockets on the outside (you can see the one in the lid as well as the ones on the waist belt in the images above and the image below).

The 200 AW provides 13.9 liters of space in its toploading compartment, while the Sling 100 AW features 9 liters of space in its toploading compartment. The former also offers a larger 'chamber' to put a camera and lens and perhaps a flash in, than the latter.

The 200 AW accommodates a pro DSLR (I'd say, a D700, 5D Mark II or A900/A850) without grip, with lens attached, in addition to a flash, while other things like "a hydration reservoir (not included); personal items like a hat, light jacket, trekking or ski poles, snack, cell phone, keys, etc" can be stored in the hydration pocket and the toploading compartment.

The Sling 100 AW accommodates a standard DSLR (I'd say, something like a Canon XX0D series or Sony A5XX class) with a kit lens attached, a flash and "personal items such as a hat, light jacket, trekking or ski poles, water bottle, snack, cell phone, keys, etc".

The system used to prevent bouncing is something completely new: the Ultra-Cinch Camera Chamber.

In use:
Picture below by Pat Scheetz, copyright The Digital Story/Derrick Story.
Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW by The Digital Story, on Flickr.

My photos on Flickr...