Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Do you use a camera bag?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:27 pm 
Do you use a camera bag, prehaps you just put your camera in a different type of bag or you dont use a bag at all and just keep your camera round your neck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:33 pm 
I have like 4 different bags for different uses, one is a travel case for flying or traveling, one is for on the go, enough space that I need for ententials. a shoulder bag (made for prosumer film [video] ) fit everything when I need to go to events that will have media outposts. and one for all my accessories, nothing but =D i got to have my toys. I have been thinking on investing into a big back-pack to narrow everything down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:51 pm 
At the moment I normaly just put the neck strap over my head and walk about with it or if im traveling I just put it in my satchel style sholder bag. I only have one lens at the moment but when i get some more I may need to think about getting a camera bag I guess.

The thing about keeping the camera in the bag is that if you see a shot you want to take you have to stop and get it out before you can take a photo then put it back which is a pain. They should make some sort of holster like they have for guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:01 pm 

tobywuk wrote:
...They should make some sort of holster like they have for guns.

Not quite a holster, but I use the LowePro Topload Zoom 2 slung from my belt. Might be a bit big for the A100 but they do different sizes and there are other manufacturers out there with similar products.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:14 pm 

Same equipment as Bob here.
When i walk on a course I know, I try to concentrate on a specific lens and take the VR 18-200mm as universal backup in its pouch with me plus a 2nd battery in my pocket. For that I need no bag.
But when I'm not sure what to expect I carry the cam around my neck and have 3 other lenses in the LowePro TLZ2.
I never put my cam into the bag. Too much hassle to get it out for shooting :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:31 am 

Always carry my Lowepro 200AW sholuder backpack and my canmerw with
a lens on it.

In my bag:

Canon 40D
Canon 350D + BG-E3 Grip
Canon 18-55mm
Canon 50mm
Canon 70-300mm IS
Sigma 28-70mm F/2.8

Lens cleaner + Microfiber cloth
2 Bottles of juice or water
few small snacks like kit kats LOL

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:47 am 
Always carry my gear in my bag a Lowepro Slingshot 300AW and all the gear that is in my signature is in my bag at all times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:40 am 
If my camera is out of the house, the bag goes with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:10 pm 

Bonsoir,

After much reading here and there, I went finally for a Lowepro Rezo 190 AW. Please find my :arrow: User Review.

Best regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:10 am 
Going to war : I use a Tamrac 5547 Adventure 7 - with all my gear

Stealth mode: Tamrac Express 6 Camera Bag 3536 Khaki - Just my Camera, extra Mem card and battery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:20 am 
There tooks to be alot of lowepro fans out there (me included)
I have the Slingshot for a general purpose bag and the trekker for traveling.
By the way lowepro do make some top notch bags, with a bit of tlc they can last years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:52 pm 
DD, do you mean that you carry 5 lenses and two bodies every time you step outside with a camera? Or just for when you are travelling?

I personally only ever use my camera bag for if I am either going on more than a day outing, or on holiday.

As far as going out for the day goes, at the moment, I take my 18-70 on the body, with the D80 round me neck, or in the back compartment, and the 70-300 in double bouble wrapped bag in the main compartment. I also take my Lens pen, and a rocket blower. I suspect when i get the 35mm F.2 prime then I'll have to consider maybe using my campera bag more often.

If of course it's in the evening I obviously won't be taking my 70-300.

Most of the time I think a dedicated camera bag is overkill though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:52 pm 
Here is my camera bag and review, CLICK ME :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:05 pm 
I have a big bag (Crumpler Daily XL) for when I'm going out doing a serious shoot with all my equipment but just have a small bag to stick my D70 plus 18-200mm lens in for daily use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:14 am 
I'm using a lowepro flipside 200 and i'm in love with it, i really want to water proof my gear so i am considering buying a Pelican case or too to use when i go hiking in the narrows at Zion natinal park or just going boating at the lake