Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:45 am 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, our first run of 50 Camera Labs branded OpTech utility straps sold out within a few short weeks, so we're considering a second run in the future.

A second run is by no means certain, but if you'd definitely be interested in ordering a strap at the price of $30 USD including postage and packing, then please reply to this thread AND email shop at cameralabs.com. Note the price is $5 more than the first run due to higher costs than anticipated.

(existing owners are also welcome to buy another if they like!)

Once we have sufficient numbers, we'll look into a possible second run.

Thanks,

Gordon

PS - remember to also email shop at cameralabs.com to register your interest so that we can contact you if a second run becomes available.

Please also tell me your forum name in the email so I can match up any messages here.

Last edited by Gordon Laing on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:03 am 

I'm in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:00 am 
Me too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 am 
I'm in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:04 pm 
hey gordon any updates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:42 pm 
Just a thought/observation Gordon. Instead of
    CAMERA LABS
wouldn't you rather have the strap read:
    WWW.CAMERALABS.COM ?

(or perhaps both)

Ben

Last edited by Cam-I-Am on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:43 pm 
I personally prefer it as Camera Labs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 pm 
Count me in please :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:35 am 

sorry, Mr. Gordon can the strap any change ship to cambodia.
can i have link to the strap maker or whatever web that i can get info
about the strap because i can't find one in the first run, sorry for taking
your time. :(

Canon Speedlite 480EX II + Tripod+ B+W MRC (2x77+67), hoya HD UV (77) B+W MRC 77mm(CPL slim+10 ND).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:34 am 
My experience with this strap has been very positive.

Not long before I got this strap, I had a grueling 13 hour photoshoot for a wedding, starting with the bride and maids at the hairdressers and leaving half an hour before midnight. During this time, I had my D300, SB600 mounted a Fong-like sphere attached, hanging from my neck.

The day after, I felt like I had competed in a K1 tournament in Japan - principally my neck and back.

After attaching this strap, I had a 6 hour birthday shoot and felt nothing. Very pleasant and the wide part/the cushion has some give in it, so vibrations are softer, instead of transferring as jolts.

I can warmly recommend this strap for any extended shooting/walking around sessions.

When I shoot my D40 with the 35mm AF-S, it's not exactly needed though and may even seem a little too bulky, comparatively speaking. But for anything D70/80/90-sized and up, I'd put one on.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:22 am 

@LahLahSr

Thank you,sir for your good info. The only think in my mind right now there any way to ship to cambodia. :(

Canon Speedlite 480EX II + Tripod+ B+W MRC (2x77+67), hoya HD UV (77) B+W MRC 77mm(CPL slim+10 ND).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the good review LaLahSr! A quality strap can certainly make your camera feel much lighter...

PS - KSK yes we would be able to ship anywhere in the world. We'd be sending yours from the UK, so if there's no problems receiving airmail packets form the UK, then you'll be fine.

This thread is to register interest in a second run. So far, we only have about 10 people though, and we'd really need three times that amount before committing to a second run.

PPS - Ben, it would be nice to fit the whole web address on there, but it'd have to be very small and I don't think it woulod be very readable. Trouble is, the current wording you see on there is at the maximum printing width, so if you wanted more text, it would have to be smaller. So we're sticking with the version 1 design for a second run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:35 pm 
Gordon,

I didn't pilfer back through posts to find this out, but about how much would one of these be---and approximately how much for shipping to the US? A ballpark amount is fine.

Carla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Carla, the price would be no more than $30 USD including delivery. I'm hoping to match the $25 of the first run, but the costs were higher than I expected, so I can't promise that yet. But it will be no more than $30 USD inc postage.

PS - it was in the first post at the top of the page!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:37 pm 
Quote:
PS - it was in the first post at the top of the page!

:roll: :oops: :roll: I think I had jumpted through a couple of these threads sometime in the last week and lost track of where I had been---and obviously didn't go back.

Sorry, I honestly didn't remember seeing a projected current cost.

Must get more sleep.

:oops: Carla

ps---when I get my camera I'll go from there. Thanks for letting me waste your time.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next