Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Kata 3N1 20
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:48 pm 
For many weeks I have been in dire need of a larger, more practical bag to my trusty 6 year old LowePro Nova 2. After much flip-flopping back and forth, I landed on the 3N1 20 and what a great bag it is turning out to be. Very spacious, and great for accessing gear.

Because of the ambidextrous nature of the bag, Kata decided not to go with a bottle holding pocket, nor is there an external bungee cord (one of my favourite things on backpacks). In addition, the tripod attachment feature is an added cost. Notwithstanding, this is a great bag, and it holds absolutely everything I could need for a long day out taking pictures. And I still have some workable space if I ever get to add a couple more lenses like the Oly-Zuiko 70-300mm, 25mm pancake, or 35mm macro.

I still have the Nova 2 - which will become home for my Nikon FM film SLR which I bought in 1978. I also have kept my Orion Mini waste pack - which is great for dedicated trips when I don't need all my gear (or the bulk of a large bag) and need both my hands (like the day we spent walking the South Bank of the Thames from Tower Bridge/The Globe down to The London Eye, across to Westminster, through The Mall, and on to Knightsbridge and Hyde Park).