Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:03 am 
When I'm walking around I like to carry my camera around my shoulder. When I'm shooting I like to wrap my strap around my hand so I don't accidentally drop it. I don't like wearing the camera around my neck 'cause it hurts.

I would just buy a hand grip but I would still need to carry the camera around my shoulder if I need to use both of my hands for something.

Does anyone know of a strap that combines the two?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:01 am 

I use the Canon E1 handstrap on my 400D. The 400D doesn't have a strap anchor on the bottom of the cam so I use a camdapter plate. The E1 allows a shoulder/neck strap to be attached at the same time.

Image Image

Canon EOS 30/33 and Pentax MX/ME Super

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:50 pm 

it doesnt combine the 2 but check out the black rapid straps.. they are over the shoulder and give you a fast natural motion to get up to your eye for the shot while still keeping your camera secure around your shoulder. they are also make carrying the camera extremely comfortable over long periods of time without the camera sitting uncomfortably against your body or bouncing around continually as you walk.

Reflections On Canadian Wildlife
My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:24 am 
Okay so I went ahead and bought the Opteka hand grip strap. It feels great. The problem is installing it. It didnt come with any instructions so I'm confused. Anyone have any instructions on this?

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Professional-Wrist-Digital-Cameras/dp/B00166EUI0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275704629&sr=8-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:37 am 
Surely you just put the strap bit through the grip-side loop as you would a normal strap, and then screw the other bit into the tripod mount