Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:23 pm 
Hi

I am looking into a new camera bag that will last with me for a long time. I am currently owning the LowePro Flipside 200, a quite small backpack that is enough for a zoom and prime, but not much more.
This summer a 70-200 will arrive, and probably a tele converter and some other stuff, and my little backpack will not be enough anymore, so I need something bigger.

I have looked into the Stealth reporter from LowePro, have heard a lot positive about it. But else than that I have no clue about what could suit me. So I need some advice on what to buy. I need something quite big that will be able to hold all my camera gear even in the future when I upgrade even further. Although I am not a working photographer or journalist so my camera gear won't grow too much over the coming years, I am after all a student with limited resources!

Thanks!

Last edited by bigblocke on Mon May 10, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:42 pm 

What about the Flipside 400 AW ? Or the new Pro Runner series ? You could go try the Pro Runner 300 AW, or the 350 AW which also suits a laptop.

If I were you, I'd look at the biggest Flipside (400 AW...AW is really handy!) or the Pro Runner series. If price is not a concern, the Vertex AW series are outstanding bags too (but rather pricy - at least, the 300 AW is). The latter is especially suited to people trekking with a lot of gear.

My photos on Flickr...

Last edited by Joris Van den Berghe on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:06 am 
I agree, how about Flipside 400 AW? don't you like about their design?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:47 am 
Thanks for the advice

The flipside looks interesting, I shall really check it out, as it offers a good way of carrying lots of equipemnt around. I am actually very pleased with my flipside 200, so a bigger one might be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:26 pm 
Right now I have a Canon Deluxe Photo bag and it has dimensions 15 H x 12.2 W x 7 D inches. Which looks slightly smaller then the Flipside 400. I have a Canon XT+Grip, 400mm 5.6, 70-200mm 2.8, 18-55mm, 430ex II, 1.4x tele-extender and some filters. I just got the 400mm 5.6 which just filled up my bad.

I have been looking at bags too, and I like the looks of the Tamrac 5588 Expedition 8x. Now it is about $100 more so not sure your budget but thats a big bag that should last awhile. Just my two cents, when I get the money I think I will get the Tamrac.