Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bag Recommendation
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:48 pm 
I need some help. There are way too many choices, and no stores nearby to look. My budget is $100 or so. Here's what I have:

a300
Standard Kit lens
70-210 old Minolta zoom lens (the 3.5 one)
55mm lens
flash

I would also like a bag that I could use to hold a small tripod, along with the battery charger, and the other usual standard stuff (including the manuals - I'm new to the SLR). I do not much care whether it is a shoulder, slingback or backpack style. I just want it to have it fit and be lightweight.

I do not hike unless you consider pushing the stroller while chasing after the other two kids at Disney World "hiking." I do like to take the camera on trips, though.

The tripod is really the issue I'm most confused by. I don't think I'll use it all the time, but I'll certainly use it more if I have it than if it is sitting in the closet. I know the Kata 3n1 has an accessory to hold it on the outside, but that looks like it is for full-size tripods, and not a collapsible miniature one. I am certainly willing to buy a bag where I could put my mini tripod inside as long as I can fit the three lenses, camera, flash and battery charger as well. (e.g. using the dividers in the 3n1 to make a space for the tripod).

HEEEEELLLLLP!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:08 am 

not sure about what bag may be best but one thing to think about in regards to the tripod is to attach it to the outside of the bag... easily done as most have some kind of loops/rings on them... go to a mountain climbing store and they got all sorts of cool quick release latches/buckles you can use to attach items to the outside of backpacks... even a couple of rings attached to the outside of the bag and a few pieces of velcro would work just fine.... just a thought :)

Reflections On Canadian Wildlife
My Flickr