Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:28 am 
Crumpler 5 million dollar home. Not too boxy / square in looks and takes my meagre amount of kit very well with space for sunglasses and a notebook. Am very happy with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:30 am 
my Lowepro still fits all i need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:07 am 

Lowepro Fastpack 200. Holds everything I need and the side compartment is genius. I've been on hikes, bike rides, carried on flights, works flawlessly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:38 am 
I'm going to get the Lowepro Classified AW 160.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:30 am 

I picked up the Lowepro Slingshot 200 with my camera yesterday. I went out with it today and so far so good. I like how it rotates around the body for easy access to the camera compartment without having to take it off.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/SlingShot-200%20AW,2035.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:40 pm 
Lowepro SlingShot 100 AW

I have a body and 18-135mm lens. Fits very nicely. Very comfortable while trekking through the wilderness. It also has a built in cover if the weather decides to change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:15 pm 

Pelican hard case by far.... just upgraded to the 1510 (its gonna be gutted and stripped down to make it fit my purposes. Wheels are going... extendable handle is going... and a few other things) but havent seen it yet as I'm still on vacation... soft bags just have never cut it for me and my style of photography. Since I have been using Pelican (3 years) I have not had any accidents with my camera or gear while it was in the case... same cant be said for prior soft cases/bags/backpacks.

I do quite a bit of traveling and 90+% of my photography is wildlife which means days and weeks away from civilization it tents and quite a bit of time on water.. both salt and fresh.

I like knowing that if I'm stuck in pouring rain in a boat/kayak/zodiac or in rough weather while on water and also if I need to cross a river or creek on foot or if I am on rough trails that my camera is safe from water (even if it falls into the lake/ocean/river) and also safe from slips and falls over rough terrain like rocks... I tell myself constantly to be careful and slow but inevitabley accidents happen.

Personally I never want to be in a situation where I need to choose between taking my camera in a boat in high seas/winds in a storm or crossing a river on foot knowing there will be some amazing photography that day and having to leave the camera gear behind.

Reflections On Canadian Wildlife
My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:38 pm 
I ended up with the Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW. It fits all my lenses (see sig for full list), though only JUST. The 70-200 can't be attached to the body otherwise it doesn't fit. I've had to take all the dividers out of one side of the bag and have the lens laying down, instead of "standing up" like my 50 and 18-55 do.

I really like the bag. Its very comfortable, easy to get the camera in/out of while I'm wearing it, and gives me a place to rest lenses, etc while making adjustments or changing lenses, all while standing. However, I'll probably end up getting another bag as soon as I get another lens - something a bit larger that can carry the 70-200 better, as well as a laptop.

Overall, had a great experience with the bag so far. I don't regret the purchase at all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:34 pm 
Just bought a Urban Disguise Pro 70 and thought I'd give my 2 cents worth on it as there isn't much about it. I also decided to keep my Crumpler Daily 490 for various reasons.

Vs my Crumpler:
As great as the Crumpler was, the depth of the thing caused a few problems indoors when there were lots of people. Also accessing equipment wasn't as functional and discreet as I would like due to the velcro and 'one compartment access'. Space was also an issue if I wanted to carry more than 2 other lens and flash.

The Crumpler however is infinitely more stylish has better padding, uses better material. The chicken latex feels stronger, more waterproof and the dividers are better padded and not as flimsy as the UD 70. There’s no doubt in my mind it will last longer. The also Crumpler looks less inconspicuous – a bit like an everyday bag.

The UD 70 does have a more practical design, better pockets and is faster and more accessible to work out of, especially in a quiet environment as the zipper is less noisy.

Vs UD 60:
I bought the UD 60 at the same time as the UD Pro 70 and compared both before sending the UD 60 back. The UD 60 was wider and thinner and looked more like a laptop bag, whereas the UD70 although larger, actually looked noticeably smaller and less like a laptop bag and could hold more.

I’m using my Crumpler for local street photography and my UD 70 when I need to look more professional or go abroad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:31 pm 
Crumpler 8million dollar home does the job for me and everything in my sig fits nice and snug (excluding tripod but that fits nicely on top if I put the strap in between the legs) including battery-charger, notebook, multi-tool, filters, and cleaning stuff.

The D700 has mounted 24-70mm lens and hood (not reversed), 70-200 to one side and the rest on the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:02 pm 
Another Lowepro Slingshot 100AW user here. By now it doesn't fit all my gear, so I have to be selective. I the main compartment on the left side I can fit the 24-70 without hood, 70-300VR on the right side of the main comp. In the centre I can fit a DSLR with a small lens (85mm 1.8D or other). In the top triangular section, I can fit a speedlight, or another lens. In the front zipped area I normally put a lens pen, and a few spare batteries.

When it's full it's not fun to carry for a day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:08 pm 

KATA DC-443

The bag I used to use, which really was a left-over from my parents' old film camera brick from the 90's, barely fitted my 450D without grip with the 18-200 lens. Then there was absolutely no extra room for anything. I had to fold the strap in a certain way to be able to close it! But as my collection of gear grew, I had to upgrade, and so I chose the Kata DC-443.

The Kata bag doesn't fit all my stuff, but it's pretty close as it is right now. I didn't want a really huge bag, this is big enough to lug around tbh. If I want to, I can fit the 450D + grip with the 18-200 with hood reversed, the nifty fifty, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 500 DG ST flashgun, a pair of thin gloves (nice to have in winter Norway), a couple of filters, a remote cord and some other small stuff. The bag comes with a rain cover, which is a great feature. I'm pleased with the purchase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 am 

I recently purchased a Crumpler 6 million dollar home to hold my gear. For a small unasuming bag, it holds everything you see at the bottom of this post and will also hold a flash and another lens when I get them.. I'm very happy with it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:13 am 

I have the Lowepro Altus 120 for My DSLR with or without the 18-55mm lens attached, as it came Free with the camera from Jessops.

There was a deal on at the time, where they were throwing in a Free bag with some of the cameras purchased.

It has a pocket at the side, where I keep the lens dust caps, and 2 miniture pockets inside that. There is also an opening to the main bag disguised as a pocket on the other side.

A Shoulder strap comes included, and the main lid is held down by one of those plastic clips that just click together.

The only downside is that you are limited to the amount of equipment that it will hold, but obviously if that is the situation, then this is probably not the case for you.

I guess I will have to upgrade dependant on the amount I wish to carry, or alternatively, carry additional accessories seperately.

Last edited by Canon 500D on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:31 am 

I went for the Kata 3N1-30.

Photo taken from: http://www.kata-bags.com/index.asp?UP1=OK

It`s a backpack with a larger camera compartement and a smaller compartement for various stuff you need when hiking (like water, towel etc.).
What i really like about the backpack is that you can have it mounted in a sling pack way or an ordinary backpack.
In reviews, some ppl complained that the Kata wasn`t really comfortable when going on longer hikes.
However that`s not the case for me.
Currently i have 3 lenses (just medium sized ones, but a 70-200 f2.8 would also fit in the bag when mounted on the body)
+ Eos 7D with battery grip in the bag, but there`s at least room for one more lens.
The Kata 3N1 looks rather unspectecular and the build quality is nice, which are both pluses.

Btw: Am i allowed to use a product image the way i did above ? Or am i breaking any rules ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next