Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:41 pm 
I would appreaciate some recommendations for a new bag, as i have just got a 70-200 f/2.8, all the bags are rather to small that i have got at the moment ( I currently have a Lowepro Rezo 160AW and Fastpack 350 - thinking of selling this). I am need of a larger shoulder bag which i can fit everything in.

I would like to fit in whats in my sig, a 24mm prime and a rocektblower in as well.

I have been looking at some of the Kata bags which don't look bad, although they don't look very comfortable to carry around. I liked the look of the Crumpler 7 million Dollar Home, which grahamnp reviewedHere, but can't make sense of Crumplers website :?

So any recomendations would be greatly appreaciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:09 am 
If you can't make sense of their website, what would you like to know?

Looking at your gear, it should take that comfortably with maybe room for one more lens or more if you stack the lenses and use the dividers as padding. It will take a much larger body too if you chose to upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:11 am 
isn't fastpack 350 fits in 70-200mm with camera attaches plus several lens/flash?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:26 pm 
Enche Zein wrote:
isn't fastpack 350 fits in 70-200mm with camera attaches plus several lens/flash?

Yes, but i hate backpacks for normal shooting and would like a shoulder bag.

@grahamnp, thatnks for the insight, i spent half an hour trying to get an understanding of crumplers offerings, and sort of get it, i found out enough to know that they are as expensive as an equivalent Domke bag, so i am going to look into that crumpler of yours and a Domke (any advie on which moel...???).

Thanks for the help and info so far guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:18 pm 
No personal experience with Domke - sorry! From what I've read and seen, Domke and Crumpler seem to have the same basic principle, protect the camera and lenses, that's all. If you compare Crumplers to Lowepro's, they miss out on a lot of the nifty features that the Lowepro's have, they tend to focus on just the camera compartment, no memory card wallets, namecard holders or compartments for photoviewers like my previous Lowepro had.

Have a look at www.cambags.com if you wanna form your own opinion. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 pm 
Thanks for your help Graham, i have been gandering on Cambags.com, and found the site about 6 months ago. I decided that i would LIKE to get a Domke F-4, although at £120 it's rather steep on price. So i am wondering weather it's worth it. The most compelling reasons are that it dosen't look like a camera bag, it's nicely made, looks great, holds much more gear than you think, holds a 40D with 70-200 attached :) and is dead comfortable. But it's £120 :x Think i will have to have a think on that one!