Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A rain cover for D90
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:25 pm 
I'm looking for a bag to protect my D90 from rain, but I need something light and compact. I tend to walk a lot and I prefer to carry as little as I can get away with. I carry my camera on a grip strap, which so far works rather well for me. The problem is rainy weather. With camera attached to my hand, the easiest way to protect it from rain is to cover it with a water proof pouch. In all honesty a simple plastic bag does the job. You can slip it on when it starts raining and take it off quickly once the rain stops. The best part - you're ready to shoot in seconds. That said, I would prefer something a bit more dignified and solid (you never know when a plastic bag is leaking). I want something that I can fold easily so it can go into a pocket and it needs to be waterproof and non-abrasive. Otherwise, anything goes.

Has anyone come across anything like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:56 am 
Site Admin

Good question, but to be honest, I use a small, but thick and clear plastic bag for this kind of thing, then pop that in a pocket / bag etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:56 pm 
I guess most bags today have a rain cover, my lowepro does.

I advice you to check out some store or internet based store for bags, and look if you find something that suits your needs, and see if the specs tell that it is rain proof.
My decision for a bag for my D90 became the Lowepro Flipside 200, that is a lightweight backpack with a lot of good features. Check out my review of it here at the forum: http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12885

If this doesn't seem like something for you, I strongly recommend you to check out other lowepro products, as the quality is great! [/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:46 pm 
Hey, I have come along your problem as well, and my solution was a hotel-kind shower cap. They are cheap and effficient. give it a shot! Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:39 pm 
Thanks DavidBudde, that sounds like a brilliant idea.

bigblocke - I do have a lowepro bag for my lenses, but in this case I'm looking for something I can stick in a pocket.