Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:27 pm 
I was wondering from any of the big guys what camera bag style they preferred, Sling, shoulder or backpack?

I really like the size of the Lowepro Sling 100 & the Fastpack 100 but since I have broad shoulders and a thick upper body they just didnt seem to fit me right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:05 am 
im a bigger guy as well and have been trying to find something that fits proper. anyone any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:16 am 
Regardless of size, I'll say this: Backpacks are horrible. They prevent you from easily accessing your camera so you can forget about catching "moment" if you're running around with your camera in a backpack.

A shoulder bag or a waise bag would be much more ideal. Something that looks like the LowePro Stealth Reporter or a messenger style bag would be ideal as they provide easy access to your camera and lenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:01 am 
in a nutshell:

backpack: most comfortable, can store a lot of gears
messenger bag: not comfortable especially for a long walk, but better access than backpack
sling: combination between the two

there are some other variations such as

waist bag: quick access, quite comfortable but limited storage
modular bags: customizable, quick access, negative: stand out in the crowd
photo vest: limited storage, hot in warm weather

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:02 pm 
Im looking for a backpack for a few reasons. The first reason being that i need a bag to store all my gear in so that it isnt laying around the house for my kids or dog to get and wreck. The other reason i want a backpack is that i enjoy being outdoors on my atv or going hiking and a shoulder bag doesnt seem all that great for these activities. I want something solid on my back. When im ready to have my camera out of the bag it will be out and in my hands ready to shoot. But a backpack seems like the best transportation setup for the time being.