Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:45 pm 
Im not really digging the stock standard camera strap hey.. Well yes its a perfect advertising tools which spells out "Canon" & "EOS 50D" but to be honest not comfortable, not absorb sweat as well, & stiff. But yes i was expecting it to not be the best considering its "free"

Anyway ive found a few beauties like this Lowepro, Skooba, Crumpler

Im still searching for more, but they have similar characteristics. although thought i'd ask if you all use aftermarket neck straps? Feedback would be appreciated before i pull the trigger on some of these beauties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:39 am 
I agree totally, I got frustrated with the neck strap and put it back in the box. Now I'm just extra careful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:05 am 
NurseDiesel1 wrote:
I agree totally, I got frustrated with the neck strap and put it back in the box. Now I'm just extra careful.

Well, I wouldn't go to that extreme. I'd rather have the stock strap than no strap at all. That's kinda risky.

As for the aftermarket straps, yes, they are a lot better. I plan on getting one of those Lowepro straps for my camera when I get it... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:20 am 
Aftermarket ones are almost always better. Have a look at the OpTech ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:24 am 
Ok i just went on my lunch break and check out the Crumpler at the City store. I was expecting better to be honest. It didnt have the extra cushy-ness as the Skooba. Havent felt the Lowepro yet..

Im leaning towards the Skooba for now, but if anyone has used other brands, feel free to post your experiences with it.

P.S NurseDiesel1, your crazy.. if it was a P&S, i'd understand..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:55 am 
if you are still considering the crumpler, look at the actual website for it. its 4$ cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:18 am 
smiles77, i went to the actual store at the Strand Arcade in Sydney City Store.

It was good material, but i would have expected a little bit more cushion on the inner top strap part. It had these little grip dots and the shiny Crumpler logo. I just wasnt prepared to shell $40, incase i find a better strap.

@Grahamnp. I was overwhelmed with the range of OpTech products! do you own any of their straps mate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:26 am 
i used lowepro the first link, the strap is very nice keep the camera in position and comfortable for my neck, the memory card storage is nice but i usually remove them because it make the strap bulky.

It use a small ring to connect, and one of them has been broken :(

The other strap i use is optech strap, the nice thing it is flexible, but lil bit big in my opinion.

Both have + and - but both are a lot more comfortable.

there is the other option that i just discover which is R-Strp from
http://www.blackrapid.com/

they have innovative strap that quite expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:54 pm 
Yea I do have one but it's an older model that isn't listed on their site anymore so I'm not sure which one to point you to. I have the same complaint as Enche Zein, it's a bit big but they have thinner variants. The comfort however, it second to none.