Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:53 am 
Howdy!

I just bought myself the Lowepro Flipside 200. Nice bag, but as you know Lowepro screams "Expensive Camera", so i just noticed a good ol Aussie company named Crumpler. I've been eyeing the Whickey & Cox" which retails @$330.

Yes expensive, but i have read that they are top-notch quality, and really do well to mask the expensive kit contents. If at all possible, anyone got this bag? or a similar backpack-style from Crumpler? I havent used the Flipside yet, so can refund this with no dramas.

P.S I recently purchased a 50D+18-200mm lens kit. Also one minor issue is thieves & backpacks.. i trust these bags are relatively safe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:47 am 
The Whickey & Cox bag looks pretty nice, but I think I'll stick to Lowepro.

Lowepro may scream "Expensive Camera" to those who know the brand... Most people would probably disregard it. I really enjoy the Flipside 300 bag myself. I think it provides sufficient protection and maximum use of space.

If you want to talk about bags that scream "Expensive Camera", it's those Nikon or Canon bags that come in camera kits...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:26 am 
Quote:
If you want to talk about bags that scream "Expensive Camera", it's those Nikon or Canon bags that come in camera kits...

Cannot agree more. No chance in hell i would purchase them. I guess what i was trying to also imply was anything that looks black and rugged looking, could be identified as an expensive bag containing expensive gear. And Lowepro's designs are predominately black-ish.

No doubt, i really love the design of the Flipside 200. At least access is from the rear.. It is after all a very comfortable backpack to wear.

Do you also have a shoulder bag as an alternative Burun? Was thinking of say a Rezo or Nova for the less-demanding trips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:38 am 
About anything that looks black and rugged, that sounds about right. It's really hard to say what could be seen as containing expensive gear. Even if you're carrying a more discreet-looking bag, a thief will get to it if he has his mind set on it...

I do have an Ambico bag that's meant for a camcorder that I use for my film Nikon. I inherited it with the camera, which is why I still use it...

My Canon PowerShot SX110 goes inside a Lowepro Spectrum 50.