Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lowepro Fastpack 350
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:14 pm 
I need a combined camera/laptop bag that can fit a 17 inch laptop along with a DSLR and spare lenses. The bag that seems to be the one for this is the Fastpack 350. Are there another bag that fist a laptop and DSLR while still maintaining easy access to the camera? Would also like some comments from owners of the Fastpack 350 ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:08 pm 
Hello
Welcome to Cameralabs! Hope you have a delightfull stay ;)

This bag might suit your needs. It is not a backpack, it's maybe a bit big, and i couldn't see of it could hold a 17" laptop.
I didn't see much else tahn this with a quick acces to the camera.
You could try to go to Lowepro's homepage, and try to look there. Or you could visit either Crumpler or Kata's sites to see if you find anything.
Hope this was to help :)

0eyvind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:37 am 
Hi there,

i was in a similar boat then u as i needed a camera bag that will also be able to carry my laptop all the time.
I have 2 laptops one 15 inch and one 12 inch there fore i opted for the fastpack 250.
I have it for a week now my initial thoughts are i like it seams to be well build camera compartment has easy access from the side. All in all im satisfied.
Negatives ... maybe on a big side a bit also quite heavy when empty all do this is because all the padding and firm back construction.

Price payed cca. 85 euro.

Laz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:21 pm 
Laz,

I was thinking about the 250 for carrying my laptop and camera on a plane in one bag with room for some other things. Being an owner of this bag, would you use it for a plane carry on?

I'm small, 5'4 female - you say it's big.. but I guess since it'll mainly be used for travel, that shouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:29 pm 
Hi there,

ure just in time... i have make a few photos of the bag 5 minutes ago and will post a small user feedback after 1 week of usage in cca. 30 min (need to upload the pics).

To answer ure question strait out yes i found this bag a great companion to take it on plane it will carry ure laptop and camera with cca 4 lenses and other gear...

Check the user reviews in 30 min. or so ;)

Laz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:45 pm 

serenity....

The FP250's not that big tbh....just like a 'normal' sized haversack....not like one of those beastie's you see on hikers' backs with sleeping bags...kitchen sinks etc strapped to them.... :P

I'm planning on putting my lappy and DSLR etc in the overhead compartment of the plane next time I go away.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:30 pm 
@ serenity ...

check here: http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtop ... 3609#83609

Regards Laz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:32 pm 
Judging from the review, this one looks big enough to do what I need. And since you fit two laptops, I'm sure I can sneak a magazine or two in that compartment. Any other things I bring on the plane can go on my [soon-to-be] husband's carry on.

Thanks for the link to your review! Also replied there.

As for the starter of this thread, if the 350 is just an upgrade for the 17" laptop, then it looks like you're in good shape!