Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:14 am 
I'm currently stuck between these 3 choices. Which of these bags can better fit a EOS 450D, 18-55mm, 50mm, 55-250mm and 430EXII. I want a bag that is not too big, but enough to store all my gears. And also, it should allow me easy access to the gears. So which is more suitable for me?

Did i mention i'm only 15? 8) I don't want a bag that is bigger than me. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:43 am 
If you want the bag to last, don't get the slingshot series. I've got the slingshot 100, and when it's got my d80, 70-300VR,18-70dx,35mm f2d and sb-800 flash in it, I find that that's too much weight to sling over one shoulder. Get a two strap bag, you'll thank me in a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:32 am 
I just bought the flipside 200 for my gear and am very impressed. I like it alot. For the gear you have the 300 would fit it great. Here is a video review of it that I found. Helped me decide what to get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJvGjf-9BOA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:53 am 
The Flipside series of bags are great.

I ended upgrading from the 300 to the 400. I needed just that little bit of extra room, and the all weather cover and the sturdier waist belt is a nice bonus too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:44 am 
i too have a flipside 200 and i love it, but i think i may need to upgrade to a 300 or 400 as my kit grows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:09 pm 
There's also the Fastpack and Primus series.
+ Kata's and Crumpler's bags :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:11 pm 
Have you considered the Inversed 200 AW? Should store all you gears while allowing easy access.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:30 am 
I think the method of getting the gear out using the flipside is a little awkward, and when you're taking it out, there's chance that someone can come near and take one of your lens away.

I'm now considering the fastpack 250.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:54 am 
jiazhi93 wrote:
I think the method of getting the gear out using the flipside is a little awkward, and when you're taking it out, there's chance that someone can come near and take one of your lens away.

Really??? I'm finding it really easy and convenient to get gear out. having the bag swung around to the front makes a great platform for changing lenses too.

Seriously, after walking around the other weekend with my Flipside for 8 hours, i'm thinking it's one of the better investments i've made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:56 pm 
i just ordered the flipside 300. I really wish it had the all weather cover like the 400, but oh well. i'll just carry a cheap poncho.

one question for those with the flipsides. Do any of you use the tripod holder? and if so, which tripods/sizes do you use. I dont have the bag yet (being shipped) and i'll be looking to get a tripod soon after. I'm about 6' tall, so i'd like a tripod that'll be fairly easy to use, and will fold up to be pretty compact to attach to the bag. know what i mean.

any recommendations would be great.