Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:09 am 
Hey guys
Ive had my camera about a month now . . . Its still without a bag! :oops: Ive no idea where to look or where to even start!

Basically im looking for afew things. I wanna just be able to put the camera in a bag and have it ready to use whenever (So i dont wanna have to take lenses off or things like that)! Ive two lenses, so room for them both would be cool, but isnt a deal breaker! Im quite a young guy, so id prefer something backpack style! Those two things are probably all im looking for. Is there anything else i should consider?

Any recomendations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:00 am 
Slingshot 100AW from Lowerpro. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:15 am 

You can find lots of stuff through our affiliates websites. Just do a search of Camera Backpack. By using that link provided, you'll support the site as well. :) Check out my thread I posted for some quick resources and choices I've made here.

There's a ton of different styles and uses in a bag. Some hold laptops and a camera, some just a camera, and other hold the kitchen sink like Crumpler's Sinking Barge.

Daniel

danielmcglaughlin.com
Nikon D80 · Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF
Sigma Foveon sensor fan... future owner, promise!
flickr me!

Last edited by theplatypus on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:15 am 
Site Admin

Hi Dave, further to my reply in the General section, you may find this useful:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Crump ... Barge_bag/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:49 pm 

Check out this company I just found from a B and H catalog: Kata

Specifically the Kata DR-467

Daniel

danielmcglaughlin.com
Nikon D80 · Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF
Sigma Foveon sensor fan... future owner, promise!
flickr me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:19 pm 
Check out the Slingshot and Fastpack series from Lowepro. :)

0eyvind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:26 pm 
I just got a Lowepro Flipside for my camera gear (in signature)

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Fli ... 082,14.htm

It fits everything I need, I am planning on writing a review of the bag so if you are interested be on the lookout for that. I always place my camera in the bag with the 70-300mm lens attached and it fits fine. With the lens hood reversed on the lens it is a little snug but still fits. It also has room for two more lenses in side pouches. In mine I carry my body, lenses, charger, all cables, and the manual. It also has an external tripod holder which I like. Since the zipper is against your back I feel very safe walking around with it on my back.

Post subject: Slinshot
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:19 pm 
Looked for ages for a decent backpack bag. Done all the usual ebay, amazon stuff but very expensive. Then come cross Jacobs in UK who are as of 1st Dec 08 doing slingshot 200aw for £29.99....Yes amazing £29.99. Could`nt get the car started fast enough to get to store.

Got it home, packed it with my Sony alpha 200 with battery grip onboard and loads of space for Sony 300mm lens and external Sunpack flashgun.
Nice design and love the fast over the shoulder strap.
Highly recommend it. It looks inconspicious over shoulder and ideal photo-journalist back for quick access. Loads of room for extras and space for roll up jacket ion top pocket. The all weather fold out hood is super idea.