Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NEC 20WGX2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:04 pm 
Ok, so you could say its just a post to praise this monitor. First off the specs;

6ms grey to grey response time
S-IPS type panel - means great viewing angles
Opticlear Coating (Means the screen is glossy)
470 cd/m2 brightness
700:1 contrast ratio although can reach 1600:1 when DVM mode used
Viewing angles 178/178 degrees
Res: 1680x1050
24 bit

I bought mine about a year ago. I paid about £300 for it. You can now get one for about 280 or so which i think is a steal. If I were to buy another monitor it would definetly be this. Before this monitor I had a Sony SDM-HS75P 17 incher. Coming from a CRT the colours and everything looked so sharp and vibrant. I then wanted to get a 20 inch wide monitor and ended up buying a 22inch viewsonic monitor with the same resolution as my current 20 inch one. To say the least it looked crap. The pixels seemed huge and the contrast just wasnt there. I ended up paying to send it back. Thats how crap I thought anti-glare coating monitors looked. The Viewsonic was £100 cheaper.

Some people might not like reflections in their monitor, but it doesnt bother me as I use my computer at home (not in an office with flourescent lighting which can be a neusance with glossy screens), and mostly in the evenings.

All I can say is, if you want quality, and are prepared to spend a little more than your average 20inch monitor (which by the way mostly use TN panels - meaning poorer viewing angles) then this is a great monitor and I'd reccomend it to anyone.

Heres a link to a trusted reviews review also;
http://www.trustedreviews.com/displays/ ... een-LCD/p1.

(No, i dont work for NEC :wink: )

Last edited by Gregory.Rotter on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NEC 20WGX2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:36 pm 

Gregory.Rotter wrote:
...(No, i dont work for NEC :wink: )

Not a problem, Gregory. It's always nice to have personal recommendations. That 470 cd/m2 brightness will certainly be a great help with Seasonal Affective Disorder. My BenQ FP241W operates at a similar brightness and it is so nice not to have to draw the curtains on a bright day. 8) 8) 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject: Re: NEC 20WGX2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:14 pm 
Bob Andersson wrote:
it is so nice not to have to draw the curtains on a bright day. 8) 8) 8)

Bob.

Hehe

What can I say, playing computer games with a sunlit room, just doesnt have the same appeal :P