Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:21 pm 
Hi all,

I had been planing on upgrading my almost 5 year old 20.1 inch formac 2010. I can't swing the best of the best, but looking for an LCD good for photo editing, with the intent to print with an Epson 2400. As well as a monitor that would be accuate with a calibrator, in my case the Pantone Spyder.

I have been interested in a wide screen 24 inch and in fact ordered the BenQ FP 241W. It is on back order, thats not an issue a couple weeks either way is not important, but I just canceled my order.

The reason is I have come accross a new 22 inch wide screen Eizo, which I have also seem mentioned here. It is the Eizo S2231WE-BK

It is not in Eizo colors graphic series, but per the one review I have seen
after calibrating they rate it very good, saying is the top 22 incher thay have tested. It claims to show 98% aRGB and 90% of Adobe RGB space.
Which seems very appealing as todays printers print well outside aRGB.

I really like the ideal of a large 24 inch wide screen and 1200 x 1900 resolution, but I like what the Eizo seems to offer, with a larger and accuate color space, but Im kinda thinking that in some ways Im making a side move from a 20.1 standard lcd to a 22 wide screen with resolution of 1200 x 1600 vs 1680 x 1050. Viewing size from photos from my Dslr, I belive would show slightly larger even tho my old monitor is slight larger in hight, as the wide screen perspective would give slightly larger full image. What do you think, am I nuts to lean towards the Eizo? Price between the BenQ and the Eizo is $627.00 U.S. BenQ vs $778.00 Eizo. Again this is intended just for photo work and cruzing the web, the other stuff, movies, games not important.

They claim that the monitor is {In terms of image quality and ergonomics, the Eizo S2231W is currently the best and also the only 22-inch S-PVA panel monitor on the market.}

Here is the link for the Eizo review http://prad.de/en/monitore/reviews.html

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:46 am 
I have never heard of ezio and buying a LCD screen to day that doesn't have a res of like 1920 by 1200 is a bit old. Just keep in mind because alot of people don't think of this, you can buy a 60inch screen or you can buy a 12 inch screen if they both of the res of 1920 by 1200 you are going to get more window space, advantage of having a 60inch screen is that you can see thoes 1920 by 1200 pixels much larger. Which is good, personally I like the apple 30inch cinema displays or dells even dells 30inch screens are very good, like I know it's a dells but if dells makes anything good it's there screens can't say much for there computers tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:19 am 
ezio has been around for a while....... and I believe quite good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:57 pm 

Eizo is legend!

Oh, and the 12" image quality will be higher.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:22 pm 

zorro wrote:
Eizo is legend!

Agreed. I just wish I could afford one.

Eizo has been around for a while but isn't geared toward the mainstream, consumer market. Eizo builds very high quality, color accurate monitors that designers and professionals depend on. I would love to have one, but until I'm making a living with photography I'm probably going to have to keep dreaming. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:52 pm 
You have the similar model but as a 24" with the resolutiuon you want.
http://prad.de/en/monitore/review/2007/ ... 2431w.html

I know that in Europe or at least the EC the Eizo comes with a 5 years warranty as well.