Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:49 pm 
I am in need of the monitor that is going to be good for photo editing. So I’m looking for something which is going to show me something that’s closest to what the printed images is going to look like. I’ll be connecting the monitor to my lap top which ill use as a key board.

I’ve looks through the forums around this topic and I’m seeing words like collaborated monitors and I’m not to computer savy. I’m serious about editing my images and like print enlargements. I’m also starting to get some photography jobs and I don’t want to have spent the money on the good camera, spent the time having the best setting and getting a great shot then ruin the image because my computer let me down.

Im not sure how big I want it. Is there a standard size? I’m also not to sure about cost, a couple of hundred maybe (Australian $$$).

thanx in advance

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:17 pm 

thereza333 wrote:
I am in need of the monitor that is going to be good for photo editing. So I’m looking for something which is going to show me something that’s closest to what the printed images is going to look like. I’ll be connecting the monitor to my lap top which ill use as a key board.

I’ve looks through the forums around this topic and I’m seeing words like collaborated monitors and I’m not to computer savy. I’m serious about editing my images and like print enlargements. I’m also starting to get some photography jobs and I don’t want to have spent the money on the good camera, spent the time having the best setting and getting a great shot then ruin the image because my computer let me down.

Im not sure how big I want it. Is there a standard size? I’m also not to sure about cost, a couple of hundred maybe (Australian $$$).

thanx in advance

Any monitor can be calibrated. I do not know any manufacturer that doesn't have oversatured color and brightness adjusted very high out of the factory.

I am using an Samsung T260. nothing but good thing to say about this little 25.5" monitor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:33 pm 
thanx for that.
my only issue is i dont know how to calibrate a monitor.

ive started to think i may as well just buy a whole new computer since ill be attaching the monitor to my lab top which i dont know will hack it. im also looking at buying an intuos 4 graphics tablet and the people instore keep telling me if i dont have the ram then its just going to lag and be useless and ill be already streching its uses on connecting a monitor.......i dont know what to do.
i was thinking of buying a mac but im a teacher and most schools use pcs, and all their programs for smart boards are pc so i wont be able to do my work without a pc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:39 pm 
I used a Spyder2Express device to calibrate my Samsung. My Samsung was OVERLY saturated, and strangely, it did not have color saturation control. The Spyder2Express did a decent job in making the colors look a little bit better and more realistic. The device runs about $60-70. I think there are much fancier ones that run anywhere from $150-300.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:16 pm 
ok thanx. and do u know where i can buy one?