Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:29 pm 
Hi when i recently bought my Dell Studio Desktop, because i was on a tight budget i got the PC with the bundled screen, a Dell S2209W, it is a TN type LCD, and i didn't have anywhere near the money to save and buy a IPS or VA panel. Although i am having a little grief with this monitor. On white/grey displayed backgrounds, the screen almost looks like it's been scratched slightly, a bit like when your phone has been in your pocket with your keys, but only noticable on white/grey colours on the screen, is there a problem with my display, or will it do this becaause its a cheap TN disply, so i guess you might say the whits and greys, are not smooth, is this because of the high pixel density?
Hope somone can help, because if the screen is faulty, it is still under warranty!
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:55 pm 
You mean there's a graininess to the flat colours? I had this with screen on my MacBook Pro and sent it back for replacement and it came back fine. Having said that, I've seen some screens with display models with this problem so I'm not sure if it's always a defect. You might want to hunt down a another model of this 2209 on display that you can try compare to yours.

A high pixel density shouldn't cause this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 pm 
Hi, thanks for the reply, me and my dad were having a look at it the other day, and came to the conclusion that, this problem of mine was infact due to the matte finish of the plastic, covering the actuall screen.
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:54 pm 
You can't be serious. There was a plastic screen protector on it, part of the packaging, that you missed?

Or do you just mean that the anti reflection coating on the screen is doing it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:10 pm 
It's the piece of plastic in front of the screen, and not the protective covering is not still on it, although i doubt Dell would change, and i am not sure if the screns meant to be like that? I have a feeling that it is just the light refracting very slightly, when passing through the plastic, i might try and ring Dell later on and see what they say!
Thanks!