Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Photo Prints
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:52 pm 
I am totally new to photography so please excuse this question if it seems so simple.
The photos on my monitor seem excellent but when I print them on my printer (EpsomStylus C64) there appears to be a slight reddish tint to them.
I would welcome any advice to rectify this problem.

Regards

auriga

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:39 pm 

Hi Auriga, and welcome to the forums!

Have you calibrated your monitor? If not, you might want to check out this thread: http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1517

calibating your monitor basically assures that what you see on the monitor better matches the real colourvalues of the photo's.

Hope this helped!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:40 am 
Hey auriga,

welcome to the forums :-)

Paukl's suggestion to calibrate your monitor is a good idea, regardless of the root cause for your reddish tint.

It could also be a matter of your printer-settings or even a defect in your printer. One way help rule out the monitor is to look up some photos on the web from sites that would only put up reasonably color-correct colors and print one of them to see if the tint is still there.

Actually, if you print on of the images from Gordon's reviews of any of the cameras, and they have a reddish tint on the print, it's not the monitor that's the key reason.

From there is becomes a question of eliminating yet again: are they any types of images that are not with the reddish tint?

If so, it might be a little more complicated - could be presets on the software you print with.

If you printer has a hardware-driven "test page" it can print, it may also tell you something. Without a red tint there, it's probably software related.

I hope you find out what causes this and can get it fixed.

Cheers :-)

Post subject: Re: Photo Prints
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:21 pm 
Many thanks to Paukl and LahLahSr for their help, it is appreciated.

Regards

auriga