Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:21 am 
Hi All,
Until recently my Epson Artisan 810 printer has been working great, but now all it ever seems to do is print out photos with lines through them horizontally on matte paper and on glossy photo paper they come out very splotchy and pixelated where it has never done this before. I have cleaned the print nozzles and have re-aligned the print heads and this hasn't solved the issue, so then I called Epson tech support and the real jerks, and that is putting it nicely, say that the only reason they can think it is because according to them I'm not using "Epson" brand paper when according to the blue and white package that says Epson Premium Photo Paper etc it very much so is Epson brand paper. So if you all could offer any suggestions or anything I would gladly appreciate it. Also before I forget I have made sure the print cartridges are all seated properly and they are all 90 percent filled.
Gunner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:08 am 

Can you do a print out the nozzle check pattern?

It should look like this:

If it looks like this, then it needs cleaning

Is the printer still under warranty? How many sheets total (approx) have you printed? How long have you been using the printer? Do you go for long periods of not printing out anything?

Code:
Follow these steps to clean the print head:

1. Make sure the all-in-one is turned on but not printing.

(If ink is low, you may need to replace the low ink cartridge before cleaning the print head.)

2. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the main tray.

3. Press the Home button and select Setup.

4. Select Maintenance.

5. Select Head Cleaning.

6. Press  Start.

Cleaning takes about 2 minutes. When it's finished, you see a message on the display screen.

Caution:
         Never turn off the all-in-one during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.

7. When you see this screen, select Nozzle Check, then press  Start to confirm that the print head is clean.

Examine the nozzle check.

If the nozzle check has no gaps, you're done. Select Finish Nozzle Check.

If you see any gaps or missing sections or if the page is blank, repeat the cleaning process by selecting Head Cleaning and then pressing  Start.

Note:

* If necessary, repeat the cleaning process up to 4 times.

* If repeated cleanings don't help, you can also turn off the all-in-one and wait at least six hours. Then print the nozzle check (by selecting Nozzle Check from the Maintenance menu) and, if necessary, perform the head cleaning again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:49 am 
capital,
I already did that and it was just fine it wasn't the nozzles, the print heads, or the alignment
Gunner

Post subject: Did you find a solution?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 am 
I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? What?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:38 am 

Hi raylene_v,

May I wish you a warm welcome to the CameraLabs forum.

Unfortunately you've asked your question of an individual who has had their account closed so he or she won't be able to reply. The reason for such a closure is a transgression of our forum rules and almost certainly is down to spamming, either in a main post or by adding spam to a Signature some time after joining. They might think they're clever but we Mods always get our man/woman/machine in the end, often with the much appreciated help of fellow forum members. :twisted:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.