Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:10 am 
i know this i extremely subjective, but i just got a canon pro9000 printer for christmas and i discovered the ink costs about $25 per color (there are 8, so its almost exactly $200 to refill all). I am a student and cannot afford to replace ink that expensive unless i do it rarely. If i print about two 8x10 photos a week, about how long will it be before i need to replace the ink, assuming the photos are using about all the colors equally? sorry to ask such a difficult question. im asking for a rough estimate (once a moth, or once a year?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:15 am 
Well it really depends on how many photos you print in a month/year and I don't think anyone could give you a real answer, but one thing I can reasure you is that not all of the inks will run out at the same time.
I have a Canon MP600 A4 printer and it works on the same ink system as the 9000 albeit only 5 inks to your 8.
BTW is yours the MkI or MkII model, because this will be the next printer that I get and talking to people in the know the MkII is supposed to be a bit more economical with the ink than the MkI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:25 pm 

I have the 9500MKII and find that the gray has to be replaced a lot. So far I have replaced all the inks once, apart from the gray which has been replaced 4 times now.....which reminds me, I need to order more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:57 pm 
How long is a piece of string?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:21 pm 
im not really looking for smart comments here. i realize its a very abstract question to ask. am i likely to be replacing the ink once a year or once a month? i appreciate the previous answers though, thank you