Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:27 pm 
I'm in the process of developing the business side of my photography doing portraits and such. I want to post available sizes and corresponding prices of prints on the website that I'm designing but dont want to until I figure out the best place to do my printing. And i want to do everything right from the beginning.

My question is, do most professionals who produce portrait prints for clients use services such as Snapfish or MPix? And do these sites produce prints that are excellent enough to do my images justice? (assume that my images are absolutely perfect). :) If not, what do you suggest?

And no, buying my own professional quality printer is not an option.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:59 pm 
no help? c'mon guys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:35 pm 
I've heard good things about http://www.metroimaging.co.uk/ both here and in print magazines like British Journal of Photography and Professional Photographer. Snapfish, Photobox and the like are really there for snapshots and don't really cut the mustard when it comes to professional quality prints.

Of course, it totally depends on how much you're charging your clients. If they're paying for a budget package, it doesn't make sense to give them expensive photo prints since that's not what they're looking for. Conversely, if your clients are paying top dollar they'll expect more than consumer prints.