Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:57 am 
hi guys, i need suggestion on where to make photobooks and what kind of books are good for:

1. portfolio
2. promotional material for distribution (sample works etc).

currently, I reside in USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Enche, I've moved your post here and updated the section title to include online printing.

Persoanlly in the UK I use www.photobox.co.uk for online printing and creating of photo books. I'd look for something similar in the US - maybe http://www.shutterfly.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:22 pm 

Hi,

I'm not in the USA, but my brother has used a USA based site to make a 118 page photobook by a site called Blurb.

The link is http://www.blurb.com/ and the quality of the produced book was excellent. They're relatively cheap too - so may be worth checking out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:07 pm 

Hello there,
I used Blurb for my photography class. It's pretty good with a wide selection of templates for each page, but you can't design your own grid unless you use a program that can output to PDF. Keep that in mind. Also, a few of my classmates experienced darker images than they expected, but that might have been a calibration issue. Another thing to consider is that there is not customer service to telephone. It's all automated from the moment you purchase your book. A computer sends the information to a printer that just hammers it out. You can email for help or questions, but when I did, I never received a response. However, my book came out good, save a few pages that were darker than I anticipated, but I also opted for the higher quality cotton paper.

Other places to look into are:
Photoworks
Snapfish

My girlfriend used Photoworks.. a bit more pricey but she was happy with it. I don't know what options they have for paper or arrangements, however.

And I just googled Snapfish.

Daniel

danielmcglaughlin.com
Nikon D80 ยท Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF
Sigma Foveon sensor fan... future owner, promise!
flickr me!