Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ars Technica reviews CS4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:59 am 
I wish they wouldn't upgrade so often...

Seems like a mixed bag: http://arstechnica.com/reviews/apps/adobe-cs4-review.ars/1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:02 am 

Well, I like the layout more than CS3. They have this "taskbar" thing at the top where you can select all opened pictures by title. I always got annoyed when I had a ton of pictures open and had to minimize through them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:50 am 
I haven't tried it yet but I hear the new tabs feature not only does not work well in OSX (which I use) but it removes the expose functionality as well which I found to be incredibly convenient.

Photoshop has all the features I need and lots more. All that I want from is a better UI and faster performance. Seems like CS4 delivers on my second wish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:52 am 
I will be getting CS4, got into contact with the University the other day and we can get our serial over there, as i signed up for a digital design course they give you a free copy.

Just dont know if i should install it on this laptop (300GB space, 4GB RAM, 2,4 MHz intel core duo processor) or on my stationary one that already had CS3? What is ur take on it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:37 am 

grahamnp wrote:
I wish they wouldn't upgrade so often...

Seems like a mixed bag: http://arstechnica.com/reviews/apps/adobe-cs4-review.ars/1

Me too. That's why I usually skip every other release and still have CS2. If you don't need anything that CS4 offers then why not wait for CS5? :idea:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:19 pm 
That is definitely an option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:26 pm 
alex168 wrote:
I will be getting CS4, got into contact with the University the other day and we can get our serial over there, as i signed up for a digital design course they give you a free copy.

Just dont know if i should install it on this laptop (300GB space, 4GB RAM, 2,4 MHz intel core duo processor) or on my stationary one that already had CS3? What is ur take on it?

What are the specs of your desktop? If they are lower (if I remember correctly, you told me it was an old one?) then install it on your new HP. Remember that CS4 is able to offload some of its processing requirements to the GPU and according to the review the performance increase is quite substantial so you will want to consider the power of the GPUs in both your computers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:25 pm 
Yeah the desktop is older, i really dont knw about its specs i have to check it out, i will be upgrading it as soon as i get all the important stuff from the PC to a HD so i can start from scratch with that PC.

CS3 runs some what smoothly on that PC, like it doe not lag bad so to speak....never does. I m not aware what the GPU is...so please tell me Graham :)

thanks mate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:27 pm 
GPU = graphics processing unit. Basically, a dedicated graphics card in your PC.

Mark