Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Photo website logo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:01 pm 
As some of you may know I have a website www.nellisspotters.com , and I was wondering how to make a logo I can insert to my photo's, if you can tell me how to make one that would be great!

Something like this.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/ ... G_4500.jpg

Another question, how would I make a banner for my site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:04 pm 
Well, you can do these through Photoshop.

The Copyright symbol is nothing more than a shape that you can draw in a photoshop document.

So if you do have the program, I can give you a tutorial.

If you don't have it, then I'm sure there are other programs available for you to download that can help you out.

Best,
-Sean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:05 pm 
I think your better of using Adobe Illustrator, because then you can use the "logo" in any size, you just adjust it and the quality will not be affected no matter the size you use

Try googling a tutorial on how to create a log using AI!

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:22 pm 
alex168 wrote:
I think your better of using Adobe Illustrator, because then you can use the "logo" in any size, you just adjust it and the quality will not be affected no matter the size you use

cheers

You can do the same in photoshop.

You start with a big document, add the custom shape which goes as big as you want, add some text which is also as big as you want, and save it all as a custom brush. Then you can adjust the brush size to your liking depending on the photo...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:54 pm 
Sdrummer wrote:
alex168 wrote:

cheers

You can do the same in photoshop.

You start with a big document, add the custom shape which goes as big as you want, add some text which is also as big as you want, and save it all as a custom brush. Then you can adjust the brush size to your liking depending on the photo...

only problem with photoshop is it is a rastizing program, AI is vector, so changing shapes becomes easier, more fluid, and smoother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:30 am 
yes when it comes to things as logo etc, AI is much better then PS

Thats the kind of things the software is used for, plus you can start of working with smaller file which draws less RAM from the PC and you can work faster and much nicer

...............my avatar on this website (the koi fish) was first sketched on paper then i drew the vectors on it in AI, and then i colored it there. I can pretty much resize it to any size i want and not loose quality what to so ever :)