Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:29 pm 

Take pictures (a lot of bad pictures if you're me) and find tutorials that might help. I have purchased books that have good tutorials. Most recently I purchased The Adobe Photoshop Cs3 Book For Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby. It's a good book and shows several excellent techniques for cleaning and improving images. It does expect some understanding of the program, but even if you're new to PS it will help. The internet is a great tool for finding information on how to use PS. A good link to look at is 100 wonderful photo effects Photoshop tutorials. There is lot to look at there. You could also look at The Russel Brown Show. Great site that covers a lot of different aspects of the PS suite, including action scripts you can download. Russel's tutorials are video based so I hope you have high speed. There is also a pod cast you can subscribe to. These are some of the places I found a lot to learn on, but there is more to find. Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:22 am 

Look for Bert Monroy's podcast by Revision 3. It's called "Pixel Perfect". Most of wouldn't apply to editting photos as it's mainly creating images from scratch but there are lots of skills and techniques to pick up.

PSDtuts is also good. They give good step by step information and the PSD files used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:50 am 

javavibe wrote:
Most recently I purchased The Adobe Photoshop Cs3 Book For Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby. It's a good book and shows several excellent techniques for cleaning and improving images. It does expect some understanding of the program, but even if you're new to PS it will help.

That's the excact same book as i've been looking at. And when i can afford it, i'll go buy it.

My Flickr - Comments very welcome :D
Gear: a200, Sony 18-70 3.5-5.6 DT, Minolta 50 1.7 AF, Lowepro TLZ Mini, GorillaPod SLR Zoom
Saving for Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX HSM Macro II (50%)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:27 pm 

if its a tool with a little black arrow on the bottom right of its box, click and hold a sec for more tools or right click, but seriously check out www.mydamnchannel.com for you suck at photoshop. there are about 18episodes and counting.

heres the 1st

http://www.mydamnchannel.com/Big_Fat_Br ... 1_398.aspx

90mm f/2.8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:47 pm 

I did :D Thanks

Thanks everyone, i guess i'll be looking at the links, finding some myself on google, find some tutorials on youtube and trial&error&error&error&succes. :)

0eyvind

My Flickr - Comments very welcome :D
Gear: a200, Sony 18-70 3.5-5.6 DT, Minolta 50 1.7 AF, Lowepro TLZ Mini, GorillaPod SLR Zoom
Saving for Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX HSM Macro II (50%)