Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Photo Editing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:56 pm 
im just wondering, How do you edit all your photographs?

Do you juse use the editing options in lightroom/aperture or do you edit each photo one by one in photoshop?

If you use photoshop what are the most common tools in photoshop that you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:21 pm 

I used to use Paint Shop Pro 7, but recently I've been experimenting with the trial version of Photoshop Elements 6.

Photoshop "wins" in it's better application of processing compared to PSP7. I particularly like the effectiveness of the shadow lighten and sharpening functions. However I do hate the user interface. In general I hate any windows program that does not conform with the windows interface conventions. While I'm sure I'll get used to it in time, for now it is an annoyance I don't need. I also hate the way it handles cropping. It seems to do a resize to you keep the original dimensions after crop? Does not compute. I want to keep my 1:1 pixels thank you. As a minor rant too, I was about to buy PE6 when I found out PE7 will be out in October. Why buy the outdated version now? Snag is the trail version expires long before then... doh!

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:59 pm 
I use Photoshop for all my edits.

I like the flexibility it has to offer, and just about anything you can imagine doing is possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:50 pm 
popo wrote:
I also hate the way it handles cropping. It seems to do a resize to you keep the original dimensions after crop? Does not compute. I want to keep my 1:1 pixels thank you.

I had this problem start happening recently (and I've been using PSE v4 for a couple of years without any trouble) and the answer I found was to make sure that the "Resolution" box on the crop toolbar is blank before cropping.

That's the one thing I hate about PSE: it seems to occasionally & arbitrarily change preference settings :( I love the programme, but watch out for things like that!

Quote:
PE7 will be out in October

see the Adobe Upgrade policy here
"Customers who purchase an Adobe branded or Macromedia branded product during a limited time after Adobe announces a new product version are eligible for a free upgrade to the current version."

I've read that the "limited time" is 30 days but, on a quick look, couldn't confirm that on the Adobe site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:16 am 
Well I just got my Photoshop CS3 about a month
ago so im still in the learning process of figuring out
these millions of options that are available to edit my photos :D
Ive got the basics down though.

Josh :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:25 am 
Well if the image was shot at a high iso, I usually use Neat Image to clean up the noise.

Photoshop CS3 for everything, mostly i use the shadow/highlight tool to even out the tones a bit (unless i want the picture like it the way it comes out) and then a bit of Lightness/Contrast tweeking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:35 pm 
Mostly Lightroom for quick adjustments. Still learning Photoshop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:39 pm 
I have CS2, and the 'standard editing' for me is brightness/contrast/saturation. I'm really not good with Photoshop, hehe :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:43 pm 

Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate is one heck of a program it does everything you could imagine, i also have CS3 and i am always in PSP X2 Ultimate, it will also open your RAW files;)

Canon 5D II, EF 24-105 f4 L IS, EF 16-35 2.8 L, EF 100 2.8 L IS Macro, EF 70-200 2.8 IS L II, Canon S90, Canon speedLight 580 EX II LowePro Sling Bag 302 AW, Photoshop CS5 Extended, Paint Shop Pro X3.

http://www.pbase.com/spartanwarrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:33 pm 
Lightroom 2 and CS4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:15 pm 
http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1961&start=45&sid=6180937430ded8db9a756cb7a322ff86

i use mostly the tools used in the post-processing part of the hdr making "tutorial" posted on the link above.