Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:09 pm 
I have photos taken with a canon 400d with sRGB colour profile set in the camera. However when these or any other photos from any camera are viewed in iPhoto they have a yellow colour cast. I also have the canon Digital Photo Professional software installed and when i view these photos in DPP they look exactly as the scene that i captured. Example below.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp97 ... ture12.png

Can anyone tell me how to fix this and have iPhoto show the pictures correctly without the colour cast?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:48 pm 
Are you shooting in RAW? If you are, it could be that iPhoto is not reading the WB information in the RAWs that DPP can.

Try correcting the WB in iPhoto and see if that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:51 pm 
I am shooting RAW but its every single photo having this problem even jpgs taken with point and shoots come out with an yellow tint. I think it maybe something to with iPhoto but I don't know how to fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:03 pm 
Christoff87 wrote:
I am shooting RAW but its every single photo having this problem even jpgs taken with point and shoots come out with an yellow tint. I think it maybe something to with iPhoto but I don't know how to fix it.

Well it sounds like a pre set option in iphoto that is causing the warming effect... try to search options and stuff.. it worse comes to worse you can just tone down the warming effect a bit and it will look like it did out of the camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:15 pm 
No that wont work cos when i print the pictures they will come out too cold. I need to fix the problem with iphoto not edit the pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:51 pm 

You need someone with a Mac and iPhoto. Not me I'm afraid. Maybe try some other software?

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:47 am 
I have a Mac and iPhoto(don't use it) but when I tried it I never got this problem. It seems very odd that WB adjustments make the printouts come out wrong because that would mean that iPhoto is processing the images fine and is just displaying them wrong. Very strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:32 am 
I've noticed other things on my mac coming out with a odd yellow cast, like pictures viewed in quicklook and weather widgets, but pictures view in preview have the correct white balance. So might it have something to do with my system? Would it be worth asking a "Mac genius" at a store, I have two nearby :D ? (I live in manchester).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:07 pm 
Definitely something wrong with your Mac then. Yep, go ask a genius!