Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Image for printing?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:10 pm 
I shoot with my 40D in RAW, recently when I upload the pics to adobe bridge or CS3 and try to print them it tells me the image is too large and the preview of the image looks like its "ZOOMED UP" on a particular part.

I might have inadvertantly hit something but I dont think I did, I have a basic knowledge of CS3 and cant get it sorted. Surely if I shoot in RAW I can print in whatever size I want (which in this case was 6x4") I usually print A4 etc.

Any advice what be most welcome.

Wonda :idea:

Post subject: Re: Image for printing?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:26 pm 
Wonda Boy wrote:
I shoot with my 40D in RAW, recently when I upload the pics to adobe bridge or CS3 and try to print them it tells me the image is too large and the preview of the image looks like its "ZOOMED UP" on a particular part.

I might have inadvertantly hit something but I dont think I did, I have a basic knowledge of CS3 and cant get it sorted. Surely if I shoot in RAW I can print in whatever size I want (which in this case was 6x4") I usually print A4 etc.

Any advice what be most welcome.

Wonda :idea:

Not too sure what the problem is, but these are my steps when printing:

1) Crop the photo to what size I need in Cs3. Put 300 for resolution. (DPI)
2) Save as jpeg
3) Take it to the print lab.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:36 pm 
You see I just got new ink for my Canon MP610, and got free glossy paper 6x4 inches......

When I open up a canon RAW file and try to resize it....it prints out like its ZOOMED say with a portrait pic only showing an elbow zoomed...like I have selected just that area to print!!!

Do I have to resize and/or change a RAW file before trying to print it on 6x4 inch photo paper...

arggggggggghhhhhhhh :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:24 pm 
Calling all cars...calling all cars!!! :roll: