Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:10 pm 
I have been using iPhoto up to now and I got apaure the other day. I like the interface of iphoto and like the way it works for a browsing point of view and I like the edting side of apature.

What I want to do is use iphoto to organise and store my images then use apature to edit them.

Is there a better way to do this than just copy all the picture events from iphoto into apature, edit them in apature then copy them all back over to iphoto?

I would just like to be able to select an image from iphoto that will then open in apature and save the file back in iPhoto with out having to transfer them back and for.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:14 pm 
Don't iPhoto and Aperture have a very similar method of organising photos?

I suppose you could get iPhoto to organise them then get Aperture to import them from location. This way iPhoto gets to organise them but Aperture knows where they are can find you photos if you want to edit them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:31 pm 
I have been fiddling with apature, maby it is best for me to let apature sort my photo's out instead of iPhoto?

It just seems that apature is fully loaded with features that im never going to use and sometimes simple is best. not sure lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:52 am 
Yeah, I do think it would be best to let Aperture do everything, seeing as you have it already, might as well get your money's worth! :D

Is it still on trial or have you already bought it? I much prefer Lightroom... if you are still open to alternatives. I find it faster and more tightly integrated.