Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: My Tutorial Blogg
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:34 pm 
Hello fellas i created a blogg in these past weeks, going to be focusing on basic photoshoping tutorials! Why? I want to help those that are getting into digital photography and want to do some minor tweaks and whot not to thier images, making it easy for them to use programs such as elements/photoshop!

I m just getting started on things on it! I knw some of you guys click on the ads here at camerlabs (at least i do :)) so Gordon can get some cash!

I was wondernig if you could do the same on my blogg, so i can get the Sigma 10-20 mm or a tripod i dont knw yeat! Click on the ads and i get some cash, see it like charity if you want to! I will try to update with a tutorial everday! Thanks!

here is the url

My Tutorial Blogg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:32 pm 
Hi Alex,

As someone who used to do an awful lot of affiliate marketing I feel I should let you know that what you are doing (and this applies to Gordon as well) is against most affiliate marketing companies T&Cs - asking people to randomly click on your ads so you make money will end up with your account being terminated, in some cases may also see you being prosecuted. There is obviously a big difference in suggesting someone look up a price comparison for something they are looking to buy like Bob often suggests than there is in boldly asking people to help you get a lens for free.

Without seeing the T&Cs for the ads you are displaying I wouldn't like to say this is fact in your particular case but I would be very careful if it was me.

Believe me if it's Google ads they have algorithms in place to see if there is misuse and any funds will be frozen if they suspect there is, if you are showing ads through a company like Commission Junction or similar your account will likely be closed with ALL funds in the account being forfeit.

I'm not looking to tell you how to run your sites or what to say just a warning from one CL member to another :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:47 pm 
Mark-A i knw this :P this and i have had previous experince with google when it comes ot this, but feel free to do what ever you want it just more then apreciated!

But thanks for the info! great to see other members wathicn each others members back :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:57 pm 
You're welcome mate, I'm just glad it was taken in the manner it was meant :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:32 pm 
Mark-A wrote:
You're welcome mate, I'm just glad it was taken in the manner it was meant :)

like it always should be, well now that you scrached my back its my tunr to scratch yours :)

Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:29 pm 
This turned out to be a back scratching topic :twisted: ... go figure :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:19 pm 
Guys lets get back on track! To muhc side tracing these days hehe!!

So lets all go to my blog and scratch my back ;)

Would be nice to get some feedback on it, i gotta get that spell check to englihs so i m not commiting silly typos :) apart from that, going in the right direction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:47 pm 
I like it mate it's definitely going in the right direction, a few tips:

1) Definitely look at an English spell checker as there are LOTS of typos and spelling mistakes.

2) Don't limit yourself to one post a day, try for a couple or even more if you can find decent material to write and interesting subjects to write about. Google loves regularly updated sites and it will encourage the spiders to visit more regularly if you do several posts a day.

3) Take a good look around at some affiliate marketing companies, I am sure there must be some photo related companies using this method of promotion (I will try and research some later for you if I find time), you could then link direct to a website with your affiliate link in it to say the Spyder calibration tool, any sales would earn you a commission - which is a MUCH better way of earning a subsidiary income than asking people to click links ;)

4) Enjoy it, if you really enjoy the subject you are writing about that will come across in your writing style and this will keep people coming back for more.

And lastly see if you can add an RSS feed in Blogger (I am not sure if this is possible as I have always hosted my own blogs in the past), this will allow people to use an RSS News Reader to be notified every time you make an update.

Hope these help mate, if I think of anything else I will either PM you or write it up here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:54 pm 
Thanks Mark, yeah i think i been updating about 4 times a day in the past 3 days or something!

I gotta get taht spell check fixed its very importnat! dont want poeple learning the wrong words!

and dude thanks for the tips! i will defently keep that in mind and thanks for all the help! hopefully i will be able to help you with anything that i can! if you ever need a sweidsh/spanish transaltion dont hesistate to ask :)

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:07 pm 
Are you using Firefox?

The best thing you could do is in firefox download the British English Dictionary Add-On it actually highlights spelling mistakes whilst you type within ANY web page, even in text boxes like this forum uses! You can enable or disable it at any time as well.

The worst thing about spelling mistakes in any quantity is that it looks unprofessional and some people will immediately hit the back button if they see too many, the other problem is you may miss out on some seriously good keywords in the search engines if you have misspelled them thus reducing your potential visitor count.

On another note: A great idea that is being used an awful lot these days on Blogs is to find a partner to run the site with you, someone who can bring something to the site but maybe has slightly different interests within the main subject than you so you get a broader overall coverage of topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:15 pm 
Yeah i got fire fox and i just got that plug in and really rocks! Its great stuff i can use it on emails as well!

About that friend thing, yeah i will have to take a look into that. None of my closer friends are really interested in photography like myself!

How about yourself Mark? You seem to have quite the blogg history, you could be like a guest speaker that pops in a little now and then? Are you up for that if you have time no need if you don't want to!

Mark thanks again, its time for me to get going to bed! But i will keep reading up on this and write it down and save it and keep in mind: next on the list is to get an RSS feed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:28 pm 
Yeah I could be up for that no problem, I wouldn't be able to contribute huge amounts but I am sure I could put together a couple of interesting and keyword rich posts a week if that would help. If you want to you can send me your login details and I can correct a few of the spelling mistakes (entirely up to you though).

PM me your email might be better to continue via that medium otherwise this thread will be way off track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:34 pm 
Sure

time for me to hit the sack, so i will get back at you tomorrow!