Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:08 am 

Hi, just downloaded the trial of aperture 2 for my mac,
when i launched it a box came up asking if id like to import photos from exsisting folders.
So i clicked yes and highlighted all my photo folders.
Now stupidly i didnt think this would duplicate all my photos again to make a new library.
So i have have another set of photos sized roughly 6gb lol :S
If i was to delete the aperture library, can i just open the photo i want to make adjustments to or do they have to be in the aperture library?

thanks in advance,

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:49 pm 
This is something that can easily be fixed.

All you need to do is go to Pictures in Finder then under that you will see "Aperture Library" with what looks like a white cube with the front of a lens on it. Drag that to the trash and delete it. Then open Aperture again and when importing images, on the left hand side make sure to import them as referenced files and to leave them in their original location.

Doing this will just create a reference to the image file which will save you a lot of space. If you decide to purchase aperture you can reference all of your files to hard drives to save your HD space on your computer, as well as easily back them up to another drive because they are just pictures in a folder that can be copied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:42 pm 

Zerimar wrote:
This is something that can easily be fixed.

All you need to do is go to Pictures in Finder then under that you will see "Aperture Library" with what looks like a white cube with the front of a lens on it. Drag that to the trash and delete it. Then open Aperture again and when importing images, on the left hand side make sure to import them as referenced files and to leave them in their original location.

Doing this will just create a reference to the image file which will save you a lot of space. If you decide to purchase aperture you can reference all of your files to hard drives to save your HD space on your computer, as well as easily back them up to another drive because they are just pictures in a folder that can be copied.

cheers this really helps!