Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:55 am 
After several years of availability, the current version of the popular LucisArt plug-in will cease to be available as of May 8. It will be replaced later in the summer with the new advanced LucisArt Pro plug-in, aimed at professional photographers.

See this page for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:55 pm 
Updated information just released by the developer:

1) The old LucisArt user interface will not be included in LucisArt Pro. The new user interface is easier to use than the current version of LucisArt. While the approach to accomplish the various effects is a little different, LucisArt Pro can do everything the current LucisArt can do (and more).

2) The Mac version of LucisArt Pro will only run on Intel-based Macs, while the Windows version will run on Windows XP service pack 3 and Windows Vista service pack 1.

3) Both the Windows and Mac versions of LucisArt will require Photoshop CS3 or Photoshop Elements 6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:06 pm 
Its a rip off that new software like 600US! that just inasaine if you ask me

I have the current Lucis, and i often use it but just two of the settings at moest Sculputre/Exposire...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:10 pm 
Hi Alex,

Yes, it is steep, but LucisArt Pro is aimed at the working pro (studio) market, where they have been known to greatly increase sales of portraits, etc. once they start using LucisArt.

Home users would be happy using the current version, which will cease to be available in two weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:21 pm 
Hey!

I m fully aware that its suposed to marketed towards more professional works, but its a plugin anyways, with that kind of money you can pretty much get CS3. And honestly which is better having CS3 or LuciArt? I think its quite ridicolous the price tag that they place on, once again a plug in! For that kind of money i want the software to produce miracles with just one click :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:24 pm 
As you already know it's a bit unique in terms of its effects.

As we get closer to the release, I'd like to do a challenge where we try to duplicate LucisArt Pro effects using other software. Should be interesting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:35 pm 
plugsnpixels wrote:
As you already know it's a bit unique in terms of its effects.

As we get closer to the release, I'd like to do a challenge where we try to duplicate LucisArt Pro effects using other software. Should be interesting!

Indeed it is, i m going to check with the university design area they are often giving out free plugins and whot not and i m going to check ina couple of weeks if i can get my hands on the Pro version, wouldnt mind having it tho :), but it is stil pricey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:37 pm 
I just created a couple of new images for the website in your honor ;-). I'm using the pre-release version of LucisArt Pro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:42 pm 
plugsnpixels wrote:
I just created a couple of new images for the website in your honor ;-). I'm using the pre-release version of LucisArt Pro.

Nice, tahnks for that

hey just out of curiosity, do you get any cash from the Luciart crew if some one buys the Pro verson via your site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:48 pm 
LucisArt is but one of a number of developers who help support Plugs 'N Pixels. If they weren't, the plug-in would still be one of my favorites because of what it does (I like artsy effects the best).

And those developers who don't help with the site support are still listed--I offer sort of an even playing field ;-).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:49 pm 
plugsnpixels wrote:
LucisArt is but one of a number of developers who help support Plugs 'N Pixels. If they weren't, the plug-in would still be one of my favorites because of what it does (I like artsy effects the best).

And those developers who don't help with the site support are still listed--I offer sort of an even playing field ;-).

This is great! yeah they are good guys, and i just been checkign your website a bit, pretty neat, tho a tad confusing :P

what you said there was a yes in 5 lines, very diplomatic of you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:52 pm 
What can I do to make the site less confusing? I try to keep it pretty straightforward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:09 pm 
OFFTOPIC

What i noticed fast is that then you go to the main page, the mouse turns into the hand with the finger over the "main" rectangel there, and even tho if you click on 3D for exampel it takes you to 3D, it doesnt seem to me as if its going to a diffrent link? understand what i m saying?

OFFTOPIC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:12 pm 
Que?

The contents list is image-mapped, if that's what you mean. I do see I need to add alt-text; hang on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:19 pm 
OK, see if that helped. There are text labels for each link and graphic now.