Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Aperture
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:25 am 
Why is nobody listing this?

This software is fantastic. easy to import and export. good image setting features and detailed view.

I just adore this software although my old P880 wasn't supported for its RAW file :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:30 am 

I guess there are more PC than Mac users here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:09 pm 
such a shame when Mac's are designed to be for designers (i would class a photographer as a designer)

Anybody in the forum using Aperture apart from me? its so streamlined!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:34 pm 
Mac's for designer is actually a myth, started in the days when adobe developed Photoshop primarily on macs when it had an advantage in the processor, now they primarily develop it for PC. I know that the same goes for the amateur musicians who also used to be dedicated Mac users but now have the tools for both Mac and PC.

Anyway, I use Photoshop (on PC) and then organize the photo in iPhoto. But I would like to try it though, do you know if it's possible to download a 30 day trial of Aperture?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:15 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rune, click here for a free trial of Aperture...

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:38 am 
Rune Laugesen wrote:
Mac's for designer is actually a myth, started in the days when adobe developed Photoshop primarily on macs when it had an advantage in the processor, now they primarily develop it for PC. I know that the same goes for the amateur musicians who also used to be dedicated Mac users but now have the tools for both Mac and PC.

Anyway, I use Photoshop (on PC) and then organize the photo in iPhoto. But I would like to try it though, do you know if it's possible to download a 30 day trial of Aperture?

Not getting into an arguement, Mac's run all sorts of media applications better, not talking about compatibility of programs, Fact (Low end Mac will compete with a High end PC with photoshop and render much faster)

Its designed for media tasks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:15 am 
Thanks for the link :) After I got a trial key, downloaded it and start installing it I got an error message saying that I need 1GB of memory :( ...have to remember to read sys.req. before I try to install it. I ran the quick tour and must say I'm impressed so now I have to figure out if I should invest in another prime lens or another 512MB + Aperture :)

Flux: Both PC and Mac runs on the same Intel based architecture (x86), which means that Mac no longer has the H/W advantage it had years ago, but you might be right, I only know about Photoshop. One thing's for sure, Mac's interface runs way better then Windows Vista IMHO on the same specs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:55 am 
Finally something we can agree upon :)
If you do get Aperture running and need anyhelp give me a shout *that go's to all*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:57 am 
Hey Flux,

Another Mac user here and I completely share your thoughts on Aperture - it is fantastic for basic manipulation and full-on photo management.

You're probably already aware of this but this site http://www.bagelturf.com/ is probably one of the best resources on the net for learning Aperture. It has articles ranging from how to manage your workflow, to backup, to basic image adjustments and view layouts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:28 am 

Bonjour TelexStar,

Thanks for the the link :)

Since a 30-days free trial is available :arrow: http://www.apple.com/aperture/trial/, I'm going to have a look at Aperture on my iMac.

Best regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:22 am 
You're welcome.

It's also worth having a browse of the Apple Aperture tutorials page too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:17 pm 

The Macintosh computer, along with Apple as a company, has always had its home ground in the creative fronts, mainly because the tools for image editing and desktop publishing were either Macintosh exclusive, or ran faster on the Macintosh at the time.

Personally I prefer working on the PC, mainly because the enviroment is more familiar to me. Although I have used Apature on my MacBook, which is pretty slow in comparison to my computer, and I really don't have many photographs that I can edit on it really so it never got used.

I use photoshop for just about everything, so i'll probably stick with it :D

Aperture is a good application though, they should bring it out for window though!

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:33 am 
Aperture has a lot more in common with Adobe Lightroom than it does with Photoshop. Photoshop is a complete image editing suite but it doesn't offer database and workflow management of a large catalogue of photos, whereas Aperture and Lightroom do.

IMO it's a good idea to use a database management tool in conjunction with a full editing application for specific high-end manipulation. When I get to 10'000 photos, I'd hate to have to manage those in a Windows Explorer/Mac Finder environment. Without keywords, I'd never find anything. :) For a version 1 application, I've actually been *really* impressed with Aperture as an app. Having used it for 7 months I couldn't imagine using anything else.

P.S. Btw, Aperture on a MacBook isn't the best idea unless you have at least 2gb of ram. It runs much better (and as intended) on a MacBook Pro or Mac Pro.