Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:35 pm 
I m going to sell this sofa, its the same sofa but i got a cover thats black as well but its really nasty looking. And i have tried to post process it so it look appeal, plus i frogot to remove the socks when shooting the sofa (do'h) and i was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have linked so you can give it a go if your in the mood, its 16-bit TIF file. I have tried but didnt really manage to get that black sofa look appealing to the eyes, feel free to blur out the background a crop is more then welcome, this is the orignal shot!

i hosted the images at megaupload they allow a max of 500mg so i it worked, TIF files are about 16mb each

to donwloand from megauplaod. Follwo the link and type in the code next to the megauplaod banner in the text field than continune..

Quick enteries are much apreciated because i just want to get rid of this sofa :)

Sofa shot1

Sofa shot1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:45 pm 
I can never get anything off megaupload but is sprucing up you sofa in post processing ethical?

How are you selling it anyway, wouldn't the person come and take a look at it? I don't think you are mailing it are you? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:08 pm 
Might call it scam but its not, i just want it to stand out amongs other sofas that area out there, of course the costumer has to come over here to take a look at it in person before selling i m defently not mailing it, i just want to cause the eye to go my way and thus causing some intrest

i dont think its unethical what so ever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:11 pm 

I think all advertising is unethical, goes with the territory. This is no worse.

Zorro 8)

edit _ crap spelling

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:22 pm 
Hahaha, gotta advertise it to sell it right ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:43 pm 

alex168 wrote:
Hahaha, gotta advertise it to sell it right ;)

No. Advertising wasn't involved in my decision to buy my D80.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:18 pm 
Nah I wasn't accusing you of scamming anybody, I just feel that putting up an edited image can be a bit misleading but since you say that it's only to get your sale noticed I guess that doesn't matter then. It's up to you anyway.

I tried a few proxies to bypass the country limitations set by Megaupload and they all don't work. I am never downloading that stupid toolbar so I guess I can't really help with this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:17 pm 
if u can pm me ur email i can send it to u? does that sounds good? i think i can use ur help for this, or do u suggest i use another site?

No i m not out to scam anyone, i hate scammers myself and that would never cross my mind!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:58 pm 
I did this really quickly. I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I think it makes it a little easier to see what you are looking to sell. I lightened the image and extracted it to a neutral background. How's that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:59 pm 
Thats a great idea, didnt think of removing the background!! Really didnt!

good idea, what i have done so far is that i gave the backgroung a hard core blur tus making the softa pop out! But what i want to is to get rid of those nasty folds and that stain that is in the middle of tha back! the colours looks to washed out (that the way the sofa is)

thanks alot java!! your tip helped me alot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:07 am 
I've had quite some experiance in this field, if you want i can have a go with it once i come home from school.
I gotta love healing and clone tool <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:15 pm 
Sure i will wait :D