Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Photoshop CS3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:12 am 
I dont think this thread belongs to anyother section so i decedide to post it here!

A freind of mine recenrly purchased the CS3, and this was great new for me becauase i had CS2 and it wasnt comaptible with Camera RAW for my D40x, so i got the CD from him and was trying to install it but i keep on getting the comment "Software installation program is damaged, please contact Aobe cosumers service if the problem is still there" And i cannot get rid of this message. Which is a true bummer because now i got no PS for my images, i was wondering if anyone ellse has experience the same problem?

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:38 am 
maybe its only for 1 license and will become 'damaged after being installed on 1 pc' dunno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:48 am 
I think this belongs under imaging software...

Anyhow, Adobe do have their copy licensing. It's expensive to own a copy, but if you're still a student, it's attainable by finding a student copy. The ones in the UK are a fraction (approx 80% discount).

There's barely any information here, but it's worth a look.

http://www.goadobestudent.com/uk/?sdid=BTVSW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:01 am 
Ed. wow 80% discount that is kinda good for me! well the deal is he never really installed it, he was good with his old CS2 and he bough the new one and he never really mandaged to sell it of so he gave it to me. But i m going to rebbot my whole computer tommorw and i m going to give it another shot. But Ed, that a discount i never heard about i m going to pass it on to a few friends of mine, they will be intrested!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:39 am 
you can download a 30 day trial version from adobe.com, and use your activation code to get the full version.

i had the same problem, and it worked for me!

good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:51 am 
Allright i will try that out (i was thinking about that) but didnt really find the try it out area...

Thanx for the replies guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:15 pm 
HS i tried that and i keep on getting the same message, i cannot even get to the "install" window...

This is really ticking me of, i want to edit my photos. Got a whole boundeled up waiting for postprocessing but i cant do anything with them! What was Adobe thinking seriously?! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:27 pm 
Alex

Did you succesfully uninstalled the CS2? If you had any problems during uninstall you probably have issues with your registry.

If you didn't receive any messages when uninstalling, try installing and uninstalling CS2 again.

Download some registry fixing tool and check your registry out. If all of this fails then try reformatting your PC. If you cannot reinstall your OS for some reason, then you can always download a demo version and try it.

If all of this fails, buy some gasoline and burn it all. :lol:
You can try installing this CS3 in another PC to see if the problem is yours. If it works, deactivate the license in that PC, uninstall the CS3 and this time you will have to reinstall your OS.

Cheers

Last edited by Camut on Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:27 pm 
I can only suggest trying the Adobe troubleshoot guide. The link to the English one is here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb400992

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:48 pm 
Thanx guys, pretty much spent the entire day trying to figure this problem out and most of part of yesterdat. I keep on getting a setup problem with the setup.exe problem. But after googling from one place to another reading on forums reading on adobes forums, calling thier costumer service (got nothing out of that one) i manadged to fix the problem!

Thank god, yeah CS2 worked just fine to install no problem there, i had to run WINCS3Clean to delet all my Adobe softwares already installed on the computer so i could run the .exe file (which i also tried manualy, but seemed to me as if didnt succed)

but its truley annoying when things dont work the way they are supposed to.

Thanks for haning in there now i get a working cs3 with the working Camera Raw plugin for my D40x.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:02 pm 

Pity I didn't see this thread before now but I have heard mention of installation problems with CS3, in particular when using Vista. All the advice I've previously read says to uninstall CS2 completely (including Application Data folders relating to PS CS2). After that, run something like Ccleaner, let it do it's thing, then reboot. Installation of CS3 should go smoothly after this. No such problems on XP. Just uninstall CS2 then install CS3.

I had some problems of my own with CS3 on Vista but they were entirely related to my dubious source :wink:

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:02 pm 
Yeah i dont have vista (sticking to xp for as long as i can), vista seems to be nothing but trouble.

but i sorted it out :D so its all good, editing images now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:21 am 

it is true in the united states, too, you can get a pretty hefty student discount...I am in the process of purchasing the CS3 I think they call it the "creative suite" but, need to do it pretty quick...I think it is $214.00
b. sent me the link..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:06 am 
Don't some people talk a load of old twaddle ie. "Vista is nothing but trouble", I have been running Vista (Home Premium) now since February last year and not once has it caused me any trouble.
Now for Photoshop CS3, was given to me as a Christmas Present was installed on Boxing Day install was clean and has worked perfectly since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:53 am 
Defiance wrote:
Don't some people talk a load of old twaddle ie. "Vista is nothing but trouble", I have been running Vista (Home Premium) now since February last year and not once has it caused me any trouble

This is not just some cheap talk. I can tell you first hand that XP SP2 is still miles away from Vista performance.

Compatibility issues together with new security features make Vista a pain in the neck when you try to make it work with networks and networked software suites. It is a resource eater and MS has to work a little to make it as friendly as XP was.

I know there's always a process to get used to new OS. I'll wait till then to upgrade. Maybe it's not that far.

Cheers