Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:30 am 

As my new T3i continues to burn a hole in my pocket, I'm starting to look at image editing software. One of the main sites I use for freeware reviews pointed me to "LightBox Image Editor" and consequently "Sagelight Image Editor" which is the paid "pro" version. Having bought 1 extra lens, 3 memory cards, bag, external mic & shock mount, new monopod (my tripod is good but its monopod center leaves a lot to be desired), I'm looking to keep my software costs low. Yes, I do have access to Photoshop at my employer but I do not want to allow them any chance at all in owning my shots. I'm not going to be selling photos...yet (ideas of taking holiday portraits for my friends comes to mind)

Anyway, does anyone have thoughts regarding Sagelight? The link is here http://www.sagelighteditor.com

The author is currently running a special and I like his pricing strategy, you buy a lifetime license and well, that's excellent! The special is $40 for the license of the current version, with the next release being sold for around $80.

Sadly it is a windows only program. I run all platforms and prefer seeing cross platform products (Gimp, Picasa, Inkscape) but for this price if it works well to compliment those free programs then I'm all for it.

I'm going to download a trial tomorrow and I'll post my vastly inexperienced review once I have anything to share.

-Kirk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:38 pm 

Could be interesting, looking forward to your review!

I personally use Bibble 5, which is multiplatform and also quite reasonably priced, perhaps it's something you want to take a look at as well :)