Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:20 pm 
Hi all.

Im looking at getting a tutorial book for PE9 and i'm unsure which one to get.
I've looked on Amazon and there's lots of different ones.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Darren.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:26 am 
I'm still using Elements 7 and don't see the need to upgrade but if it's any help I bought a couple of books to teach myself how to get the best out of the software. The Adobe "Classroom in a Book" is next to useless as it majors on organising the pics into stacks and albums and does not cover the important stuff like correcting distortions and vignetting. I don't recommend it. Then best book for Elements 7 is by Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski called "The Photoshop Elements 7 Book" (snappy title,heh?) If these guys have done a new edition for Elements 9 then try to take a sneak preview of it in a library or bookshop and if it covers all the bases you are most interested in get that one.
It is unlikely any single volume will cover everything as the programme is so powerful but make sure any volume you buy has detailed information about the things you think you will use.
Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:23 pm 
It is a minefield to navigate around, as you say the programme is very powerful.
I'll have a look for that one. Thanks for the reply Dave.

Darren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:54 am 

I found this site for PSE useful, some of the stuff is basic but is good for new users. I could not download the video's but some lessons I copied to a word file for future reference.

http://www.alibony.com/articles.php

Cheers