Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:24 pm 
Hello with my Nikon D7000 i used ViewNX2 as RAW editing software but i decided to give Capture NX2 trial version a go to.

It has a bit more possibilities to get the RAW foto right. I was wondering if some one can help to get me started with setting up a white reference point to get accurate colors.

I used to calibrate projetors with eye one pro radiospectrummeters and there the 100% reference grayschale (white point) had to be 6500k color temperature to get accurate grayscale.

Now as i understand with cameras it works a bit different. You whitebalance is only 6500k in sunlight but indoors under the light it can be 3000k for example.

Is there a way i can use only one accurate white point in capture NX and use that reference all the time in any situation. (for example take a photo of a white print paper outdoors, so 6500k white). If it knows 6500k white, the software should be able to figure out what it should look like at 3000K.

Is there another way to set up a reference white point easily? And especially when there is no white in the picture then it would be nice to get a reference from somewhere else.

It would make my life easier RAW processing if i have the correct white balance reference.

I hope anyone can help. I am a Noob at photosoftware. (i used to do auto tone, auto color adjustments in photoshop with a compact camera), not really the way it should be done.... But with my D7000 i want to do a bit more effort to get a stunning photo.