Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lightroom vs Photoshop
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:05 pm 

This question will expose my ignorance, and may well have been asked before, so I will try to tailor it specifically to my situation.

1. I have Lightroom 2 and Elements 6, and have no intention of buying new software as I figure these two programmes can do more than enough for me at the moment.

2. I predominantly use Elements for levels, sharpening, and occasional spot healing. But I never use Lightroom.

I'm wondering what people find is the best combination of these two programmes - what their strengths and weaknesses are, and what specific processes you use each for.

For example, which would you change sharpness in? Which would you change levels in? These sorts of things.

Any advice welcome

Thanks!

SSK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:57 pm 
I'd use Photoshop for anything you can't do in Lightroom and Lightroom for everything else :) I'd only dip into Photoshop when you need to. Sharpening, levels etc.. Lightroom. Removing a bit of hair from a persons face or similar.. Photoshop.