Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:21 pm 

http://www.oloneo.com/

Been playing with this a little tonight. A very big plus so far is that it is very responsive to the changes you make. You change a setting, and the large display preview changes in near real time. No long lag as it reprocesses. Also the thumbnail viewer is one of the fastest I've seen.

The part I'm most interested in was the HDR function. So far it looks promising, although for the test files I've fed it, it seems to blow highlights rather easily. It manages to avoid the halo effect that plagues other software. Auto-align seems to "just work", which is good as you don't get any options to adjust it.

An interesting feature, although not one I'm likely to ever need, is relighting. You feed it several shots taken with the same settings, but with different lighting. The software then allows you to alter the individual lights in intensity, temperature, colour etc...

And the third feature which I didn't really play with, is you can take multiple shots and recombine them to reduce noise.

Overall I think this shows a lot of promise, and I will be trying it some more. The only downside I've come across is it crashes for no apparent reason many times when I try setting up a HDR, particularly if the EXIF is off (e.g. manual lens).

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:56 pm 

Impressive features, kind of poor UI as far as I can see from the demo videos. Thanks for the heads up, I might give it a shot!