Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:57 pm 
That has wet my appetite. Thanks Mark.

As an IT technician, I have never played games and this is my first camera – Canon 40D, Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L and other stuff.

Therefore, I am new to PS CS2 and HDR. What a learning curve to climb.

However, your HDR pictures and the ones on the developer’s site encourage me to learn. They look amazing.

Just bought some books and ordered some others from the library too, so I hope to get better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:36 pm 
HDR is really cool and Photomatix Pro is a really sweet program that makes it even more fun. Photoshop does a good job, but the tonemapping in Photomatix is just excellent. I put some photos up on my Flickr to show you guys some of the one's I have made.
http://flickr.com/photos/jimhawksworth/sets/72157603524400047/show/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:49 am 
are there any programs on that mac that do this?

And you black and white photo before is the before when all the three shots have been put together?

And in the black and white one how did you get the clouds to look like that?

What does HDR stand for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:38 am 
Site Admin

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and you can do it on Photoshop for the Mac. Not sure about others - try googling HDR Macintosh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:04 am 
You can get photomatix for the mac... http://www.hdrsoft.com/download.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:08 pm 
Well I gave it a go with ChinaMark three photos and I was able to get the lighting all right but I wasn't able to give it that nice warm effect.

I try the program from pete and the beta kept crashing and the old version wasn't as easy to use as the beta, so i just thought ill give it a go in photoshop. I think ill have a look around for other programs like photomatix but I will probably end up trying photomatix again.

Edit (about 20min later)

Well i tried using photomatix again and the beat still crashed but I tried the older one and I did the tut this time and ok this program is good and I can do that warm effect that ChinaMark did. Thanks Pete

Edit (5min later)

I was messing around when I remembered that I forgot to thank ChinaMark for this excellent tut. I think this will come in handy for people that have lens that spin at the end when focusing, because instead of having one of those filter with top being dark and the bottom clear, you just take 3 photos. I like also this program has a feature to align the photos. I need to test it to see what it's like when doing free hand and see how to aligns it. Thanks again ChinaMark and pete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:32 pm 
Gordon, I know you like your astro-photography and wondered if you'd experimented using HDR with it?

I was stumbled across this page while on my net travels and I quite liked the end result. have you tried anything like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Telexstar - thanks for the link!

Stacking multiple images and different exposures is a popular technique for astro-photographers, although something I've personally not tried!

Bob's shown a few examples in the technical section though, and Cybermistic has shown us what you can do when you stack tens or hundreds of shots!

Most astro-photographers would use different stacking tools though...

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:53 am 

i wish a company would build a feature into a camera that automatically take the 3 shots and HDR's it automatically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:49 am 
dryan2 wrote:
i wish a company would build a feature into a camera that automatically take the 3 shots and HDR's it automatically.

Nikon's Active D-Lighting and Sony's Dynamic Range Optimizer can do this to a certain extent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:08 am 
Site Admin

Weeeell, they're more like using curves or levels on a single image, but I know what you mean!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:34 pm 
Mark Great Tutorial for starter!

I heard around the forum that your one of the ones to ask about HDR!

to my question, i m one of those unfortunate people but happy still running around with the D40X. And as i m aware of now the camera doesnt have the AEB. I was wondering if you had experineced HDR photgraphing without this function and what were your reuslts? Because i dont have that option on my camera i have to manualy change the exposure and i maybe can get the images in about 5 secs as teh fastes. And in enviremontes when there is alot of moment this is ceratin something that is going to look oddly, at least i think ahvent tried it yeat. Will this weekend tho, as soon as i get some free time. But have u tried to work with just one image and HDR-it?

thanx again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:46 pm 

Graham wrote:
Nikon's Active D-Lighting and Sony's Dynamic Range Optimizer can do this to a certain extent.

As Gordon said, this is stretching the limits of one can get out of a single exposure. So never ever will a single exposure lead to the same results as exposure bracketing.
@Alex: Yes you can do single exposure post-HDRing e.g. with PhotoMatix, but the results don't have the same quality than from multiple exposures, believe me. The greatest problem being the noise that creeps into the pulled-up shadows!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:33 am 
that looks awesome! nice work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:07 am 
Guys, I need help. I use CS3 to merge into an HDR image but when I open it on Photomatix what comes out is just all black.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next