Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:44 pm 

I'm trying to export a 1280 x 720 video from Premiere Pro CS4, but when I go to the export dialogue box (File > Export > Media), I'm only presented with options to export as 720 x 480. I set my project to be 720P, and my project settings say the video is indeed 1280 x 720, but to no avail can I find a preset that allows me to export the native size. Does anyone know of the appropriate setting I should be using?

Thanks to all,

Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Derektoigo, I also use Premiere Pro CS4 for my video reviews, and I export almost all of them at 1280x720. The trick is to select the right preset when exporting, and adjust if necessary.

For example, I normally export into the WMV format, so I first choose Windows Media from the Format drop-down in the Export Window. Then I choose the closest preset to what I want - in this case 'HDTV 720p 25 High Quality' - this will export at 1280x720 at 25fps.

Now if my footage was shot at 25fps (or 50fps), then this would be good to go, but I film with a USA camcorder which uses 60Hz interlaced, and mix in video clips shot at 30p, so I scroll down to the frame rate setting and change it from 25 to either 29.97 or 30fps. I normally choose 29.97fps, as this is an exact match for my HDV camcorder.

Then start Media Encoder going, and come back an hour or so later depending on the speed of your computer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:19 pm 

Ah, that makes sense. I've been messing with it somewhat and found a way, but I wasn't able to export to Quicktime as that'll export to DV only format. Since I use a Mac, I don't have the Windows Media export option (at least not without installing plugins, as far as I know), so I ended up going with the h.264 format, which allowed me to export to the size I wanted and then open it in Quicktime. I'm going to look into booting into Windows though and seeing if that makes a difference at all with the file size though, lol.

Thanks, Gordon!