Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:39 pm 
I usually do not do much post processing (besides a crop and maybe fix white balance). After a recent trip to Europe, I noticed that some photos had not turned out as well as I would have liked so I thought that I would have a go at ‘fixing’ them with aperture. I was quite impressed at how powerful and simple it was to improve the pictures (I’m sure other products are just as good).

I am a by no means an expert, but here is an example.

Before:

After:

This is what I did:
- Level adjustment.
- Increased overall saturation.
- Increased overall vibrancy.
- Increased saturation of blue colour in the sky.
- A highlight adjustment.

I am interested in seeing what photos other people have improved. It would be great to see what is possible.

Cheers,
Iop098.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:09 pm 

Original resized only.

Processed version.

I was using spot metering on the hawk, but even then the body is under-exposed particularly compared to the bright sky. Shadow recovery bought out the underside again, requiring a bit of de-noise treatment. A touch of highlight recovery reduced the brightness of the sky. Then I chose to crop it to give the bird more prominence.

I also considered extending the sky of the original, to give the bird more space on the top of the image, but didn't follow through on this.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:11 pm 
nice shots , I like the PP . Nice to have a thread with before and after type shots. I myself am trying to cut down on the post processing and keep it simple like yours.
________
Honda VFR400 history