Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:46 am 
Hello, I'm hoping someone here can help me simplify my life as it relates to importing my raw images.

I recently purchased a Nikon D90 and went on a short trip. I loved the idea that I could create separate folders to store my images in. I thought that would make things really simple and I wouldn't need to stretch my brain so much. Alas, it seems only the Nikon Transfer software can actually use those as far as I've been able to figure out. I'm hoping someone knows of some way to get either Bridge or Lightroom to use those folder names in some way. I'm hoping it's possible, otherwise I'm afraid it'll turn out to be quite a useless feature for me. :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:21 am 

Welcome to the forums!
You can use those folder names, just make sure to import only one folder at once, and place those pics in a subfolder (assuming you use lightroom) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:42 pm 
How would I go about importing 1 folder at a time? When I fire up lightroom and select "Import from device..." the import window says "Importing 10 images that were all taken on such and such a date..." (I just snapped off 5 photos, created a 2nd folder and snapped off 5 more in there), with no menu to select anything else.

If it makes a difference, I'm on a Windows PC...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:20 am 

Import from a folder, not device ;)
Then navigate to your memory card (assuming you have a cardreader), and import the first folder. then the second etc. :)