Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:32 am 
Yes, but any saturation increase(this is the most obvious) is removed once I view the image in Lightroom so I was wondering if it was possible to export with the image adjustments as chosen in the camera so I get the same effect as shooting in JPEG straight from the camera but with the RAW to JPEG conversion by Lightroom in between.

About your question, does Lightroom have the ability to add borders at all? I looked and couldn't find any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:35 pm 
Ok hi guys
I am a user of lightroom and i think it is a great piece of software :!: But unfortunately i have a problem with Lightroom and the colours of the photos in lightroom. So basically i might take a nice pic and want it as my Wallpaper so i right click and open it in explorer (Windows Vista) and the pic looks ok in terms of saturation and colour but then i see the picture on d my desktop and it instantly looks more vibrant/saturated and much more realistic, also a similar effect happens when i print it out!
I wonder has anybody else had a similar problem? If so is it possible to change it without editing all of my 5000 photos?
Hope someone can help!
Cheers

BTW: I read the first page of convrs but then realised that there was another 3 so sorry if i missed something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:21 am 

Could it be down to the colourspace you've chosen in Lightroom being different to the one your desktop is using? Just a thought.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:25 am 
Hi Zorro
I hav not changed the colourspace inside lightroom itself but i wonder if it is possible to change it? I have looked in the help section and it claims that all of lightroom are set to Adobe RGB as standard but it does not mention anything about changing it!
Adobe RGB has a habit for me of making colours under saturated and bleak when i exported my photos then uploaded them to Flickr!
Would it to be better to set the colour space to srgb when exporting? Also even in lightroom itself?
Hope you can be of help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:26 am 

The interweb uses sRGB as default so that's probably the best to use if you want that. I have all my software set to AdobeRGB, including my camera, because ultimate print quality is what I'm after. Having said that this colourspace thing has always confused me and so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm also getting it wrong. All I can say is that on my machine there's no discernible difference between IQ, no matter how I view the image.

There's definitely scope here from a masterclass in colour by one of our more accomplished members. I'd certainly subscribe.

I've just checked my Lightroom preferences and you're right, there is no means of changing the colourspace within, only for exporting images to external editors. Seems a bit odd that but to be honest I've never really got along with Lightroom. I prefer my combination of ACDSee, Capture NX & Photoshop CS3.

Zorro 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:31 am 
Hi Zorro
I have just enabled auto tone adjustements in lightroom and the pictures look slightly better!
Thanks for your help, also where are these masterclases?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:38 am 

Glad it's working better for you. Sorry, I just said "masterclass" because that's how it feels when one of our more regular contributors let's loose with a tutorial.

Zorro 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:06 pm 
Hi Zorro
I have just changed my colour profile in windows from Adobe RGB to SRGB and it is so muh better! The diference is huge, if you have windows then you could have much more vibrance in your photos!
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:15 pm 

Where in Windows did you change it? :?

Zorro 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:23 pm 
if you right click on your desktop and go to properties or personalize in vista, then click on the settings tab or the displaysettings button in vista, the click advanced and then depending what sort of grapics card you are using or in windows vista just go to colour management, and then you cand add or change the default colour profile!
Hope these help but if you do not get these instructions tell me what OS you are running and oi will give instructions in more detail!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:28 pm 

Thanks for that. I'm running XP pro but I'm also using the monitor profile that came with my Samsung 226BW. I assumed that was the right thing to do?

Zorro 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:45 pm 
Hi i am sorry but it is up to you to decide but you could always try and change profiles and experiment with the results?
Hope i was of help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:50 pm 

You are helping mate and it's appreciated. When I go into those settings the only option I have is Syncmaster 226BW. Where would I find an alternative profile?

This may not be the best place for this discussion since it's gone slightly off-topic. You could pm me if you want but I'm guessing others will learn from this in here too.

Again, your help is very much appreciated.

Zorro 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:00 pm 
Hi Zorro
My own laptop which i am using now is Vista but i have a XP machine also and as far as i can see in Vista there is a actuall os window where you can change colour profiles and then i also have a graphics card where i can change the settings in a ATI program. Do have a graphics card (ATI, nviDia)? Because usually you will find a program/ driver thing for editing the settings of it in the start-all programs! So you could try and see about that! Or what i do is go to properties then to advanced and then ideally there would be a colour management button where you could change it but unfortunately i am not there to see what comes up!
Hope this helps you, let me know how you get on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:12 pm 
Question.. is capture NX good at cataloging your photos like lightroom?? Because i would use capture NX over lightroom if it has good cataloging.. All i need for good cataloging are the dates.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next