Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:13 pm 
Pardon my ignorance/stupidity but i am a beginner to the world of editing photos. I have a question relating to the monthly assignment competition.

Gordon has stated "All images submitted must be no more than 500 pixels on their longest side, although you can include a link to a full resolution version if you like. Flickr users must link back to the original version to comply with its latest rules." I am currently using photoshop and paint shop pro to edit photos. Bare in mine, i have little experience in editing. I would really appreciate some advice on how the above can be achieved.

Many thanks.

Marty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:23 pm 

Just simply resize the pixel size of the image.

In Photoshop Elements, it's under image>resize>image size, change the units to pixels if needed, then enter 500 in the box representing the long side of the image. The aspect ratio should be locked and it will automatically put in the correct value in the other box. Should be similar function in full Photoshop but I don't have that.

In Paint Shop Pro 7 (I know, it's old) it's under image>resize and you can directly enter the pixel size. I assume it's similar in newer versions too.

Once done, do any more processing as may be required and save the image. Then you can upload to whatever hosting service you use and link to it from the forum.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:04 am 
In Photoshop CS3 it is Image>Image Size> Dialogue Box then enter the size you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:19 am 
Great stuff folks. Thanking you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:35 pm 
Another thing, what is a suitable size for printing the photos? Should i just keep them at their original size to ensure the quality is maintained?